Keeping A Bandage Dry

Looking for creative ways to keep my girl's bandage dry - it's going to rain here for the next few days. She cut her leg running and has some sutures and even though we are not going out much, I'm supposed to keep it dry until at least Monday when she goes back to the vet for a re-check. Any ideas?

Pictures of the poor Princess:

14642490_1806354346272628_69111826818231
14721567_1806354356272627_22145073878736
14606457_1806354372939292_53197836868676

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com

Press n Seal definitely!! It has seen me through assorted orthopedic adventures. Much better than basic Saran Wrap. I really love the fashionista look of your bandage matching your collar--very well done sweetie.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Press and seal. I am using that on my knee bandage while taking a shower. I had a total kneereplacement and this stuff is much easier to use than taping on a garbage bag. :flip

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

Ask your vet for a used IV bag. See Aiden's toe thread for pics. It's a godsend :)

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Ask your vet for a used IV bag. See Aiden's toe thread for pics. It's a godsend :)

I was going to suggest this as I have used it and it works great on foot injuries. In your case, you might want to use two or three and make it like a large boot, one for the bottom with the two more so it goes high enough to cover all of the bandage. You will have to tape them together with something like duct tape. If you get creative enough, you can make a tie that comes up over his head and then you can tie it in place.

I was going to suggest this as I have used it and it works great on foot injuries. In your case, you might want to use two or three and make it like a large boot, one for the bottom with the two more so it goes high enough to cover all of the bandage. You will have to tape them together with something like duct tape. If you get creative enough, you can make a tie that comes up over his head and then you can tie it in place.

vote #3 for this. Best thing ever for keeping stuff dry on the feet/legs. VERY durable. The Press n Wrap is a great idea, I will keep that in mind when I can't get the IV bag :)

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Yep, BTDT and taping them together works just fine. Hopefully your pup won't need to be wrapped for too long!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.