New Issue In The Mornings

So Stella finally kicked all of the worms. Then she gets a cough, that cleared up with an antibiotic. Her new thing last few weeks is getting up at 5:30pm and if I don't get up with her right away she some times throws up.

So we started to give her a small hand full of kibbel before bed after her last potty. That didn't work yesterday so last night I also gave her a genaric pepsed and a few pieces of kibbel. She still vomated the morning.

When she vomuts in the morning it's very little and just clear or light yellow all liquid.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ryan, Niki, Cole, Stella and Dino

Dino and Stella

What time is "before bed"? What time does she have breakfast in the morning? I say she's hungry. You could give her more than a few pieces of kibble at night or give her a biscuit at 5:30 AM and maybe that will satisfy her until breakfast. She may be a dog that can't go from supper to breakfast without a decent amount of food in her tummy.

Last snack is about 9pm breakfast is 6:00-6:30am. We have had her sence mid October and this is sort it f new. I say sort if becuse before when she has a similar issue we started giving here ether some kibbel or a bisket before bed. It also helps get her to bed as she can be stubborn and want to stay down stairs sometimes.

Dino and Stella

Shine does this sometimes, too. I is usually just when I am getting up, or if I get up and take too long (5 or 10 minutes) to feed them. She might puke two days in a row, and then not for months. There is no pattern to the episodes.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

One of mine requires a large snack right at bedtime, like 1\4-1\2 cup food, large to x-large biscuit, or something equivalent right at bedtime. Even then serving breakfast more than 8 hours later is risking the morning gacks. Anytime more than 9-10 hours between meals can make her feel so sick that she'll skip the next meal or two... Or even three! She has a super high metabolism but a dainty appetite. Makes it challenging.

My boy, Star, has to have a good size snack at bedtime - 1/2 cup kibble and 1/2 can of food mixed with warm water. I give him that right before I go to bed (usually around 9:30) and we're up at 5:30 for breakfast (then back to bed). He's a dog that can't go any longer than that without food in his tummy. My girl, on the other hand, doesn't really need a bedtime snack. Each dog is different, for sure.

I agree, she sounds like she needs more food (perhaps a bit later in the evening) before bed. I've had 2 who need bedtime snacks, one used to throw up bile, Katie gets an upset stomach and will need Pepcid tablets to help her feel better.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Might also try a different brand of food. Not a different flavor from the same brand, a completely different brand. That was the problem with one of mine -- just something in one whole line of dog food that irritated his innards.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

If you're worried about her weight, hold back half of her dinner and feed it to her right before bed. Though she just may need a little bit more food anyway.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

thanks all we had a good morning when she go up around 6 i handed her two small treats got me an extra 15 min.

She doesn't need more food, she is on the edge of getting over weight, because she is lazy(and afraid of school buses) and refuses morning walks.

I will give a foto flora we have some here.

She has been on IAMS green bag for three months because other foods made her pop funny.

i will keep doing pepsid and 1/4 cup of night time.

Thanks

Ryan and Stella and everyone else.

Dino and Stella

There is a similar post about this from another member. Throw her a pair of cookies just before you climb into bed. It will help keep food in her tummy to get her through to the morning. 2 cookies every night won't be much regarding your overweight concern.

Edited by XTRAWLD

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

What if you gave her a larger PM snack? Ernie needs a large crunchy bone. When I run out, I substitute a few (2 or 3) smaller cookies. It could be that the snack isn't large enough. I'd also recommend a snack immediately when you & puppers wake up.

7218108076_e406044464_t.jpg 7004700518_27fa752995_t.jpg Walter (Windy Walker) and Ernie (PG Ernest) @WalterWallerson and IG: WalterandErnie 7150803233_d0700ccbdc_t.jpg 7004711314_ceba54665a_t.jpg

Our dogs get their daily food ration split between 3 meals, one in the morning (7:00 AM) one at our dinnertime (between 5:30 and 6:00 PM, and the last *right* before bed (usually around 10:00 PM). That way we don't get the 'gacks' and can usually have a more relaxed morning. We do an even split between them.

Just because we were in the 1% or so of those who's hound did this pre-breakfast bileous vomiting for several months for another reason, I'll suggest one other possibility. Is there any chance Stella ate something, plastic or otherwise, that might be hanging around in her stomach? Unbeknownst to us, Marvin had multiple toy squeakers in his stomach for almost 4 months, and they irritated his stomach just enough that he would vomit a little bit of yellowish goo if his stomach was empty pre-breakfast. Now, if Marvin gets a hold of something he shouldn't (but we know what it was, how large, etc.), we know for sure that we'll be seeing it again when that awful retching sound wakes us up between 5:45 and 6:15am.