Xylitol Warning

Thanks Jennie!

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Please recheck all your products too--that's how what happened with Henry, the company had switched sweetners from one safe to dogs to Xylitol. Personally, I've banned the stuff from the house.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest xengab

I've found that costco sells orangic peanut butter that only has peanuts and salt in it. Works for us and we were told to check all labels on anything that goes into the dog.

• 4 weeks later...

Years ago when I was at the trauma vet with an emergency (owner surrender/neglect) a young woman was there with her chihuahua. It had eaten ONE stick of xylitol gum. She sat with her purse open on the floor and I could easily see many more sticks of xylitol gum in it. The chihuahua didn't make it.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Xylitol doesn't kill mice, wish it did! I have a mouse in the kitchen that got into a drawer & ate at least 2 pieces of gum & I'd hope it would kill said mouse but it didn't. 2 days ago this mouse jump started my heart as I was fixing breakfast for my boys & as I reached to turn on the water this nasty creature came running at my hand causing me to jump & almost fall. I've got 4 traps but haven't caught it yet. Mice belong outside where the owl can catch them not in my kitchen.

Years ago when I was at the trauma vet with an emergency (owner surrender/neglect) a young woman was there with her chihuahua. It had eaten ONE stick of xylitol gum. She sat with her purse open on the floor and I could easily see many more sticks of xylitol gum in it. The chihuahua didn't make it.

Seriously! While Henry was at the evet we went through the entire kitchen and rechecked every single thing, I went through all my bags for mints, checked my travel back and threw out my airplane landing gum...

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.