Mulder - 10 Years Ago Today

scullysmum

I can't quite believe it was 10 years ago today that I had to make the heart wrenching decision to have my beautiful boy Mulder put to sleep. :sad1:cry1

I still miss you everyday baby boy.

243edadc4ed8f9b9887aca438c6d7434.jpg

48cb06bfebe16abe6cdcbfb7abd5308e.jpg

a1f4ca297685ad4dce6562bbf05b3e43.jpg

I hope you are playing nicely with your brother Scully and sharing your toys. :angelwings:kiss2

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

What a lovely boy he was, and how lovely it is that you are thinking of him ten years on. That made me think of a poem I came across the other day - written for a foxhound, I imagine, rather than a greyhound, but hopefully you will like it, and find the second verse at any rate apposite.

AN OLD DOG

Now that no shrill hunting horn
Can arouse me at the morn,
Deaf I lie the long day through,
Dreaming firelight dreams of you;
Waiting, patient through it all,
Till the greater Huntsman call.

If we are, as people say,
But the creatures of a day,
Let me live, when we must part,
A little longer in your heart.
You were all the God I knew,
I was faithful unto you.

By Celia Duffin, c.1913.

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

He was a beauty. It's surprising how these pups stay with us even after they are gone no matter the time period.

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

What a lovely boy he was, and how lovely it is that you are thinking of him ten years on. That made me think of a poem I came across the other day - written for a foxhound, I imagine, rather than a greyhound, but hopefully you will like it, and find the second verse at any rate apposite.

AN OLD DOG

Now that no shrill hunting horn

Can arouse me at the morn,

Deaf I lie the long day through,

Dreaming firelight dreams of you;

Waiting, patient through it all,

Till the greater Huntsman call.

If we are, as people say,

But the creatures of a day,

Let me live, when we must part,

A little longer in your heart.

You were all the God I knew,

I was faithful unto you.

By Celia Duffin, c.1913.

Thank you Clare, that is a lovely poem, Mulder really was always faithful unto me, he tried harder to please me than any other dog I have owned or known.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Wow, I can't believe it was 10 years ago. Think of what a blast he's having with all of the bridge babies :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest grey_dreams

You never forget, it doesn't get easier, and they are always in your heart :grouphug

A few days ago, I was telling someone about Zuki. I told them that I lost him recently. Then I almost couldn't breathe anymore when I remembered that it has actually been 1.5 years. Unbelievable. But as far as me and Zuki go, there is no such thing as time.

:wub:

Rest well, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

You never forget, it doesn't get easier, and they are always in your heart :grouphug

A few days ago, I was telling someone about Zuki. I told them that I lost him recently. Then I almost couldn't breathe anymore when I remembered that it has actually been 1.5 years. Unbelievable. But as far as me and Zuki go, there is no such thing as time.

You are so right, the older I get the more it seems that both love and loss remain constants despite the passage of time.

Hugs...

I remember both Scully & Mulder. And Cody has been gone 9 years now...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

sending many hugs :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway