Its Been A Week

Guest borzoix4

What a shocking loss, Michelle. I am so, SO sorry.

Please be kind to yourself. Having a unpredictable dog is like having a loaded gun in the house, and sometimes you need to do what's best for yourself and the others in your home, human and canine.

If all would do the same, why does it hurt so much?

Because she was beautiful and special... and you loved her. :grouphug

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

I am so sorry. :grouphug

Rest well, Lindsey. f_yellow

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am so sorry she had to leave you like that. No one knows what was going on with her or why she did it. It could have been anything, and though vets are good they can't eliminate all things that might have been going on in her to cause such a behavior shift.

I hope your heart heals soon. :bighug

What a shocking loss, Michelle. I am so, SO sorry.

Please be kind to yourself. Having a unpredictable dog is like having a loaded gun in the house, and sometimes you need to do what's best for yourself and the others in your home, human and canine.

Because she was beautiful and special... and you loved her. :grouphug

Michelle, I have only just found this and on reading through, the reply by JerseyGirl is virtually the answer I was going to write.

You loved Lyndsey as a Mother would love her baby, even if she was treated as a dog, and the shock alone of her turning on you like that is great, without the stress and heartbreak of having to make & take that final decision. Sadly, I have to say that i think it WAS the right decision, no matter what the reason for her bad temper she was too big and strong to risk anything like that happening again, possibly with more serious consequences for you or your family.

Whilst it will take more than a little while for you to recover from these events I hope that in time you will be able to remember her as the beautiful girl that she was.

Thinking of you,

Carol.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Guest borzoix4
Michelle, I have only just found this and on reading through, the reply by JerseyGirl is virtually the answer I was going to write.

You loved Lyndsey as a Mother would love her baby, even if she was treated as a dog, and the shock alone of her turning on you like that is great, without the stress and heartbreak of having to make & take that final decision. Sadly, I have to say that i think it WAS the right decision, no matter what the reason for her bad temper she was too big and strong to risk anything like that happening again, possibly with more serious consequences for you or your family.

Whilst it will take more than a little while for you to recover from these events I hope that in time you will be able to remember her as the beautiful girl that she was.

Thinking of you,

Carol.

Thank you and well stated of my grief and feeling of loss.

In watching the other dogs since Friday the 25th, the difference in how relaxed everyone is acting is humbling. Strangly enough, my observation of their change in a more relaxed behaviors is helping me to come to grips with the decession.

My father told me that while its hard for me to see at the present, its a good thing it as me she jumped into the face and bite, verses someone else, as I would have those factors as well to deal with.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Run free Lindsey. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest borzoix4
I'm very sorry for you. I hope your sweet memories of Lindsey will be stronger than the memory of that night. Wishing all of you peace.

I am still struggling with that. To put it in 'human words', it feels at times the deepest betrayal mixed in with grief and loss.