Spriet

Question: We didn't give her the Tramadol yet. Spriet has had some tummy issues and I don't know if the Tramadol will affect that? The vet said that Tramadol doesn't give that kind of problems, but when I read about the side effects on the internet it says something else.. Has anyone ever given Tramadol, which caused tummy issues? (vomiting, diarrhea?)

Nube was on it for a couple months and never had any problem. Hope she does better with it and sending many prayers your way! :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam takes Tramadol daily. No problems for him.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

No problems here, either.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Thanks for the replies. We gave her 50mg Tramadol yesterday evening and this morning we gave her another 50mg.

The vet called and we decided to just keep an eye on her and wait another day. She pees and poops just fine, although she tries to hold it as slong as possible to avoid getting up. She has no fever. This morning she didn't scream when she wanted to stand up, but her back legs are still very wobbly. The vet said it can take a few days before her walking will improve. As soon as we notice she's getting worse we have to call.

Right now she's laying almost the whole day under a blanket. Sometimes she sleeps, sometimes she just stares at you. This morning when I came downstairs she lifted her head up and she seems a little bit more attentive. When she went outside she was sniffing a bit.

The vet will call us again tomorrow morning.

spriet.jpg

Anne, Sasha & Tapas. Spriet (2002-2015), Tibbie (2000-2015) and Gunda (1996-2009)

www.rapiddogwear.com

anne_sas4_qf3zva.jpg

Sending good thoughts - hope Spriet continues to improve. :candle

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Update.. An hour ago she we noticed some blood dripping down her right back leg. When we took a closer look we saw a huge abscess/inflammation. We immediatly went to the vet. Now it turns out is probably isnt a hernia at all. She's now on anti inflammation meds and extra pain killers.

Anne, Sasha & Tapas. Spriet (2002-2015), Tibbie (2000-2015) and Gunda (1996-2009)

www.rapiddogwear.com

anne_sas4_qf3zva.jpg

Good thoughts for Spriet. I hope she starts to feel better and the pain subsides.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Update.. An hour ago she we noticed some blood dripping down her right back leg. When we took a closer look we saw a huge abscess/inflammation. We immediatly went to the vet. Now it turns out is probably isnt a hernia at all. She's now on anti inflammation meds and extra pain killers.

And antibiotics?