Iams Green Bag

beledi

How many people feed this? I am going to try it on my 11 year old Border Collie. I feed Nutrisca to my Greyhound but the protein content is way to high for my Border. Plus hope it makes her stools not so loose.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

We are going to switch to it as soon as Ruby's current food runs out and am hoping it is a good solution to her tooting issues. I have read so many good things about it here and I like that you can buy it anywhere.

Is there a difference between the mini and large chunks ? Which one should I choose or does it not matter ? Ruby does chew her food most of the time.

Karen

name='Busderpuddle' timestamp='1351994698' post='5365988']

We are going to switch to it as soon as Ruby's current food runs out and am hoping it is a good solution to her tooting issues. I have read so many good things about it here and I like that you can buy it anywhere.

Is there a difference between the mini and large chunks ? Which one should I choose or does it not matter ? Ruby does chew her food most of the time.

[/u]

I used the mini chunks, but found that one of my girls would eat too fast and choke, the others were fine, but I changed to the large chunks and it seems to work better.

How many people feed this? I am going to try it on my 11 year old Border Collie. I feed Nutrisca to my Greyhound but the protein content is way to high for my Border. Plus hope it makes her stools not so loose.

I've used more expensive and cheaper brands, but keep coming back to Iams. Coats in good condition, solid poops and dogs that are excited to see their next meal. I can't ask for more than that!

Got mine at Sam's Club for $38.88. 45 pounds. A lot cheaper than my other food. Hope it works for her.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

I'll feed Peggy on it occasionally when there are poop issues, but I learned not to buy a big bag as she sometimes goes off a big bag half way down. It's heavier than her regular kibble so the ammount fed is better worked out on the kitchen scales rather than 'cups'. Agree it's good for coat and good for energy in Wintertime but the poop problems tend to be more Spring and Summer things hence the importance of weight control when there's no cold weather to burn it off.

Is there a difference between the mini and large chunks ?

I feed the large breed formula. I'm of the opinion that it takes more work to chew, which is better for their teeth. I did have the mini chunks for awhile, and both of mine would eat it way too fast and occasionally throw it back up.

I feed the large breed formula too. My two girls also get 1/2 a can of Iams mixed in per meal.

They lick their bowls so clean I can't tell sometimes that they have even been "used" .. :flip

Poop is sooo easy to pick up that I think I am in love with it...is that normal ????

I have a small yard and really appreciate the neat and tidy factor of the Green Bag.

Guest sirsmom

I'll feed Peggy on it occasionally when there are poop issues, but I learned not to buy a big bag as she sometimes goes off a big bag half way down. It's heavier than her regular kibble so the ammount fed is better worked out on the kitchen scales rather than 'cups'. Agree it's good for coat and good for energy in Wintertime but the poop problems tend to be more Spring and Summer things hence the importance of weight control when there's no cold weather to burn it off.

My two girls go off Iams after a week too so then I mix with something else or use add- ins. But I agree that Iams is the best in the poop dept.

Gracie has been on the mini chunks Iams for years. Felt guilty and tried all the fancy, upscale "healthier" foods but they all upset her innards. Sticking with Iams!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

After being a dog food snob for years, I switched to Iams when we moved. There is no Petsmart, Petco or Costco here. My dogs do great on it. Fuzzy seems to poop one extra time, but Paul does not. It is pickupable poop (if there is such a word). I don't use the mini chunks. My guys ate it too fast and were choking on it. $42.99 in BJ's for 50 lbs.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest sirsmom

After being on the food rollercoaster for many years, I found 3 foods to rotate: Iams, Purina One and Nutro Max. Ours do well on all three, stomach wise.