Jack--Blood Work Issues, Something Is Wrong

Sending my many prayers and a ton of white light...Kiss Jack for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeping Jack in my prayers.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

The vet called. She found nodules on the bowel on either side of the mass. Of course, cannot tell if they are tumor nodules, or inflammatory nodules.

Three options: resect a foot of bowel to remove all of them; resect just what is needed; euthanasia. The first option is really IF we would also do chemo, which we wouldn't. The second option, which she recommended and I chose, is in the hopes that we don't find out in a week, from biopsy, that it was malignant. Because even if she did choice 1, you cannot remove microscopic tumor cells.

If it turns out to be malignant, no telling how long he'd have. Could be a month, could be six, who knows.

:(

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Sending all possible prayers and good thoughts.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest Giselle

Hoping hard for good news! Reading this thread made me relive the nightmare we had with Giselle, and we understand that it's a very difficult journey. From the first signs of trouble to the endless barrage of diagnostic tests, it can be a long and frustrating waiting game, so we're here to support you!

Jack is in recovery. We will go get him in a few hours. Not looking forward to what is to come--sore, likely very sick dog. :(

They said they give them lots of pain meds, and he will get an injectable pain med before he comes home.

Biopsy is going out today.

Jack had a pretty good night. They gave him a shot of pain meds before we brought him home, so he was able to rest. We were allowed to give him small drinks of water, and he was able to hold that down.

He had to go back today, because they wanted to give him IV meds, and they were going to feed him a little bit and see if he could hold food down. I am to call at 4 to see if he is ready to come home. He may or may not have to go there again tomorrow...I. guess we will find out later about that.

I am doing OK, thanks for asking. Trying to keep busy mostly.

I am trying to prepare myself for the worst, but hope for the best.

Glad to hear Jack was able to rest. Hope he comes home tonight able to eat some. I'm still praying for B-9 results.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Just talked to the vet. She said Jack is 'doing great', he's had several small meals, and has kept it all down. :). His protein is still low, but she said that could be partly from all the iv fluids. He will come home with some canned low residue food, and also some canned a/d, which is high in protein.

Best of all, he doesn't have to go back tomorrow! :yay

glad to hear he's doing ok! continuing to send more prayers! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway