Show Us Your----Beds!

Guest greytexplorer

Guest greytexplorer

BellaBean started the topic about how to get your greyhound off the bed during human sleeptime.

JAJ2010 responded that each of their dogs have their own max'd out bed, involving futon mattresses and comforters.

LizinPA mentioned that her dogs have "bucket" style beds.

Well, I would like to see photos of those aforementioned beds!

And that got me to thinking----If your dog has a wickedcool dogbed, please post a picture of it.

My dogs just have regular beds, but I'm always interested in seeing "how the other half live".

And my 15-yr-old grey, Mandy, has LS, so I'd love some inspiration on how to keep her comfortable.

Post away! I am really looking forward to seeing lots of photos.

http://chuckleatchaos.com/love-our-double-futon-beds/

http://chuckleatchaos.com/dust-mites/

Above is my recent post about sealing their dog beds from dust mites. Apparently those tiny little things are trying to kill me from allergies. Right now both dog bed has 2 comforters on it and tons of dog toys and a few chewy bones buried in the middle of everything

Edited by JAJ2010

------

Jessica

http://chuckleatchaos.com/dust-mites/

Above is my recent post about sealing their dog beds from dust mites. Apparently those tiny little things are trying to kill me from allergies. Right now both dog bed has 2 comforters on it and tons of dog toys and a few chewy bones buried in the middle of everything

:hehe:tick

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

Luna loves her pod-bed. It allows her to curl and roach at will. I love that its full of old quilts that can be tossed into the wash and the rest can be taken outside and hosed down if need be.

Birthday2012018.jpg

Laura, mom to Luna (Boc's Duchess) and Nova (Atascocita Venus).
Forever in my heart, Phantom (Tequila Nights) and Zippy (Iruska Monte).

Love that pod bed! Who is manufacturer, and where did you buy it?

It is a Midwest Quiet Time U-Design Pod. http://www.midwesthomes4pets.com/category/default.aspx?maincatid=38&subcat=8&submenu=0&catid=164

I bought mine at Ozbo.com for around $34, but Amazon and Sears tend to carry them as well. I believe there are other brands with a similar style bed out there.

Guest Eyeblaura

I also really like the pod bed, we have the round costco beds but they are flattening out and such a pain to wash, throwing an old blanket in these would be so much easier. Do you have the large size?

I confess I don't know how to post photos, but I made some very good beds for our hounds by cutting an old twin futon in half with sewing scissors and then using a little old, light canvas shower curtain to stitch over the cut ends. I used old twin comforters (garage sales or Goodwill) to make a sort of "bag" for each bed, easily removed for washing. The dogs love them, they should last a long time, and they look pretty good!

Edited by SusanP

Started off with Mammoth beds, still in use. Added a second couch just for the hounds, but the favorite beds in the house are Perla hard shell beds, very similar to the Midwest U-design. Easy to fill these with blankets, pillows and comforters that are easier to wash than huge beds, or in the case of Stella, every single one of her stuffed animals.

Here's Stella in the larger one I got for Simba:

PICT0614.jpg

And in her own:

PICT0415.jpg

I also really like the pod bed, we have the round costco beds but they are flattening out and such a pain to wash, throwing an old blanket in these would be so much easier. Do you have the large size?

Yup, I bought a large, and there's plenty of space to spare.

One other thing I forgot to mention is that the bottom of the pod is ventilated. Luna has discovered that she can move it over the floor vent to soak in all of the heat or air conditioning and enjoy her bed either heated or cooled.

One other thing I forgot to mention is that the bottom of the pod is ventilated. Luna has discovered that she can move it over the floor vent to soak in all of the heat or air conditioning and enjoy her bed either heated or cooled.

:lol

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

The ultimate dog bed: The Love Sac!

DSCF0002.jpg

You can fit 2 hounds and a human for ultimate snuggling :gh_child

This picture was rare moment of Quiet Man & Murphy sharing together :wub:

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com

I don't have pictures but I purchased memory foam and cut it to the size I wanted. Then made an inside cover that stays on all the time and an outside cover from old sheets that gets pulled off and washed weekly. The dogs love them and how nice and easy it is to wash the dog-bed covers all together. Oh yeah, the dogs LOVE them.

I don't have pictures but I purchased memory foam and cut it to the size I wanted. Then made an inside cover that stays on all the time and an outside cover from old sheets that gets pulled off and washed weekly. The dogs love them and how nice and easy it is to wash the dog-bed covers all together. Oh yeah, the dogs LOVE them.

Where do you buy memory foam?

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest OPointyDog

Zoe says Victoria Peak dog beds are awesome for roaching:

7607446114_93aef11644.jpg

hmd_zoe by Abizeleth, on Flickr

7607446004_c2f7d87eaa.jpg

zoe2_sm by Abizeleth, on Flickr

The bed is very durable and stands up to her "digging." And the zipper goes half way around the bed, so it's easy to take on and off to wash it. It had so much stuffing in it that she kept rolling off, so I took a bunch out and have it in the laundry room to restuff later when it gets flat.

Highly recommended!

http://www.victoriapeak.com/store/

cleptogrey, that's the size Perla I got for Stella -- she's about 60 pounds. Simba is an extra-large grey about 90 pounds, so I did get the biggest Perla for him -- it's about 40-44" across, I think.