Show Us Your----Beds!

Guest greytexplorer

Guest DragonflyDM

OK... how doyou keep your beds clean? My dog chews his bones on the bed and it is filthy. I need to clean-- but when you do, the covers never seem to fit back on right or you didn't clean the foam, --- something..

I just want good, hose it down and ready to use again bed.

Guest maidmarcia

I use Costco beds and pile blankets on top of them. I find that the dog beds up here in Canada are SUPER expensive. A large sized dog bed at Pet Value can be over $100. With the wear and tear that they sustain, it doesn't seem worth spending that much money on one bed.

OK... how doyou keep your beds clean? My dog chews his bones on the bed and it is filthy. I need to clean-- but when you do, the covers never seem to fit back on right or you didn't clean the foam, --- something..

I just want good, hose it down and ready to use again bed.

Could you encourage him to eat his treats somewhere else? Like on a blanket or towel?

The Victoria Peak beds (pictured above) are great to wash. The cover comes off and goes back on easily and the inner cover could be washed too if necessary. You would just have to take the “fluff” out and put it somewhere while the inner cover was being washed.

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

my dog thinks the human couch is his inside bed

this is his outside bed

q3D54.jpg"]http://q3D54.jpg[/url]

it is hessian on a frame so flexible and off of the ground with some soft bedding thrown on top, very comfortable

Guest greygirls2

I use old baby brib matresses and cover with comforters and soft blankets I buy cheap in thrift stores and of course they have their pillows. They never go flat, they're nice and roomy plus waterproof so they stay fresh and clean, no dust mites either. Then I just wash the comforters and pillows to keep everything fresh once a month or so. Best of all you can always find them free at yard sales and they're almost always good brands like Sealy. I have 4 of them and my dogs just love them!

i too have a raised bed,home innovations post a couple of years ago- $14.99 each which they use outside during the summer (w/ a towel on it so they can nest) and inside w/ a costco bed on it in cooler weather. my floors are COLD! they love their raised beds!

the last two summers have been mild here were I live so am expecting a really hot one this year (I'm in Australia so summer starts in December) so a raised bed is good for air circulation. I will have a wading pool for Bobby on the hot days, hope he uses it.

I have never seen the pod-beds before. I wonder if they are available to purchase in Canada? How much are they?

I have seen pod beds in pet stores, didn't look at the price but I used to have a dog that wouldn't sleep in her insulated kennel at night, she would sleep between the car and the roller door. I think she wanted to protect the property, I ended up buying a kids wading pool and put blankets in it for her to sleep in at night to keep her out of the draft that came through the side gate. During the day she always liked her kennel though. The wading pools are pretty cheap.

I have never seen the pod-beds before. I wonder if they are available to purchase in Canada? How much are they?

I paid $34 for mine...not too sure about shipping to Canada though.

Laura, mom to Luna (Boc's Duchess) and Nova (Atascocita Venus).
Forever in my heart, Phantom (Tequila Nights) and Zippy (Iruska Monte).

I paid $34 for mine...not too sure about shipping to Canada though.

I bought one off Amazon.ca (http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003TUNZQ4/ref=s9_simh_gw_p79_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=009HX8AYWG14D78R3NDY&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1375923922&pf_rd_i=915398). Free shipping and it arrived 2 days after I bought it!

Ummm NOPE! I definately won't post pic's of my dogbeds because they're ROUGH!

When I got my first grey, Sobe - I tried to buy all the "bling" - including expensive beds. He HATED them. A total nester - he had to have something to rearrange 15 times before he layed down, so I started putting blankets on top of his nice dogbeds. He'd nest the blankets off the dogbed and lie on them, beside the dogbed.

Through our fostering experiences, with 2 greys of our own, I've needed a couple dogbeds in the livingroom, 2 or 3 in the bedroom, and a couple others around the house. I've decided to go with discarded bedcomforters for all of them. I also sewed a couple "sleves" stuffed with 3 pillows. All greys love them. BTW - my fancy dogbeds are still around, barely used. 15 fosters, 2 greys of my own, 7 years, and the 2 original "super nice expensive dogbeds" - are in my closet. I can't tell you how many of my family's old comforters and Goodwill comforters, and used pillows stuffed into my "sleves" we've been through that have been nested, and loved to death!

My dogbeds are totally ugly. Heck - we've had a Dora comforter beside a purple floral before. But the dogs just love them.