Previously Lurking On Long Island

Guest 2GreytsMom

Guest 2GreytsMom

Hi! I've been enjoying reading and seeing everyone's posts and pictures for a while now and finally decided to join in.

My husband & I became empty nesters about 2 years ago and our previous 2 doggies had gone to doggy heaven. We found ourselves thinking about adopting another dog... Well, next thing you know, we're at the local mall in search of the greyhound meet & greet that was going to be there. Wiki leaned up against my hubby and blinked her sweet brown eyes at him and he fell in love! But, Wiki needed a companion - she was a little skittish (long story) and would do best with a doggie friend. We went to a foster house to meet Billy, a very silly boy who got along famously with Wiki. He was so excited that he promptly ran zoomies around us then plopped down at my feet and closed his eyes. I fell in love!

Welcome! I love your "twin" action shots in your signature of the pups running. They're beautiful.

Qui me amat, amet et canes meas...et felem.

Olivia (RDs Merrygoround, b. 4/6/07, Gotcha 12/19/11

Chloe (PAR Candice, b. 5/22/08, Gotcha 12/18/12)

:welcome2 Wiki and Billy are both very handsome! They certainly seem to like each other too based on your couch photo.

Where are you from in Long Island? I grew up in Blue Point on the south shore of Suffolk County. I moved to Northern Virginia after college. Lots of former Long Islanders in this area! My best friend - who I met in VA - is originally from Glen Cove.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Welcome from Oceanside.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Isn't falling in love grand? Beautiful hounds! Welcome to GT!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest 2GreytsMom

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

winnie - I'm in East Northport on the North shore... my brother & sister-in-law relocated from Long Island to Leesburg, VA! It's a small world!

Hi Winnie!

Welcome to GT. I live in N Massapequa. We have quite a few folks on the island meeting up at Mill Pond Park in Wantagh every Sunday at 10am for greyhound walk around the pond. After the walk, we fawn over the ~20 greys in the current group and give water and treats... it lasts about an hour to 1 1/2 hour. We're always inviting new grey parents to come join us. We wish you would too...

Looking forward to meeting you and Wiki & Billy.

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.