My Dreamer Is Gone...

Guest alwy151

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alwy151

I am so sorry for your loss. Losing one young just ate through my soul......

Take comfort in the fact that you had three wonderful years together - and that she opened your world to these beautiful hounds.

Additionally, as hard as it is to have them pass the way she did (.....my Jack died in my arms convulsing from fever) I desperately tried to remind myself - and still do....that the last faces he saw were DH's and mine.....(and DH's grey, EZ)....so like Jack, your Dreamer passed to the bridge seeing only faces of love around her.

I never thought about it like that. Thank you!

Edited by alwy151

So sorry for your loss. Nothing can take away the precious memories that you have of your sweet girl, and though it doesn't feel like it now, time will help.

Run free sweet Dreamer.

Wanda, with the DC Racing Kids,

Eric ( DNT Finbarclancy )  6/29/14    Maggie ( DNT Oh Maggie ) 6/29/14

Lorraine ( DC Don't Rainonme ) 3/15/08 - 4/9/20 ---  Suzie ( DC Lazy Susan ) 3/12/06 - 9/4/18 --- Stormy ( DC Major Storm ) 11/29/99 - 1/21/12 ---- Andy ( Andy's Alibi ) 1/23/99 - 12/30/11

I am so very sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and your husband.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest ladyhound

I am so sorry, my heart broke reading your story. Please do not blame or question yourself, it was not in your control. She was a very lucky girl, just as you were so lucky to be her mommy. Hugs to your family, I know you are hurting terribly.

I'm so sorry... what a very hard way to lose your lovely Dreamer. Second guessing yourself is very normal - even those of us who had to make the decision to euthanize our beloved dogs second-guessed ourselves for months (maybe longer).

Don't be afraid to grieve for your dog, especially here. Most everyone on GT knows what you're going through right now

Hugs...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest VBanGogh

I am so very sorry you lost your Dreamer so suddenly. It is never easy to lose a beloved friend, but I believe that one day you will be able to think of Dreamer and the love you shared without tears and guilt. It may take a while, but remember: the greater the love, the greater the loss. I still grieve over losing our Jim, even after three years, but now I think of him with gratitude for the few years that we had him. I wish you comfort and peace.

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful girl Dreamer was! And way too young to leave you. I'm so sorry she's gone from this earth but she'll always be with you. Godspeed Dreamer! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest alwy151

Thank you ALL :bighug

This has been a very tough 1.5 weeks.

The pet ER we took her to sent my family a card and inside was the rainbow bridge poem with along with her actual footprint. I wasn't expecting it and I couldn't believe how hard I cried, was grateful to have a piece of her but it reminded me that she's really gone...

Edited by alwy151

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I lost my Honey very suddenly last November so I know how you feel.. Please do not second guess yourself. Find comfort in the special memories you created with Dreamer

Edited by MarcR

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Guest FullMetalFrank

I am so sorry for your sudden loss. I lost my precious little girl Chelsa on Apr. 26. after what we think was a long-dormant tick disease resurfaced and just would not break its hold on her. She was fine; and then she was fighting for her life and the treatment didn't work and I felt so damned helpless while my brave little girl did her best to stay with me. She was just 10. Today the vet clinic sent a card signed by all of the staff. She was a new patient at this clinic; we had only brought her to them since she had become sick; so they didn't really get a chance to know her; but by the sentiments in the card, she made herself, and her importance in our lives, well-known. I still cry buckets sometimes; like right now. Reading your beautiful tribute to her made me think of how much all of my hounds have meant to me; and how we ever get by, when they have to leave us. She has not left you, really... She is in your heart. And probably doing her best to dry your tears, and lead you to another hound who needs you as much as you need them, when you are ready.