Chin Quiver :)

Guest aowam

206 members have voted

1. 1. Does your grey's chin quiver when excited?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the world of greyhounds!!! ....where chattering for many of us is such a happy sight!!! Our EZ is a master-chatterer. JJ, occasionally....and little Dustin seems to be figuring it out himself. I think the young boys are learning from that sweet Senior of ours!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Wendy does the chin quiver and, if she's really excited, will chatter. She also does this head-bob thing that I've only ever seen birds and reptiles do. :blink:

Our girl Chauncey does the head bob thing, its almost like she is nodding yes to the question yu asked and the more excited she becomes the faster she bobs her head.

Guest snoopycomehome

Cute videos! :inlove

Dragon does the 'nittering' but doesn't make a sound. Gypsy Girl snaps at the air when she is excited. It is loud and makes me laugh every time. We started calling her 'snapping turtle'. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Grace and Febway both do it....but Fenway does it much more frequently. And with much more gusto too. It's how he earned the nickname Shakey Face. :wub:

Edited by gracegirl

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Last night I heard chattering and it wasn't Pal, my resident expert chatterer. It was Zeke-aroni, whom I've never heard chatter. It sounded soo much like his big sis, LadyBug, it was a little unnerving but in a really good way.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

It took almost a year after we got Summer until she started this. The first time she went past quiver to chatter and I heard it, I almost freaked out! She now does it fairly regularly but it has to involve tummy rubs.

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RooMcClanahan

Sail, yes. Seamus the lurcher, no.

When Sail roached and chattered within a couple of hours of being at our house, we knew that "foster" family was only a temporary term. The teeth haven't stopped since. :)

I voted 'yes' as my beloved bridge kid 'Ivy' had that cute chin quiver behaviour, especially when smelling an attractive

female pee...

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Ace and Fritz do the quiver all the time and usually it's accompanied by steady teeth chattering...when it's time for breakfast and dinner, Pinky does a teeth chatter but it's in short spurts and sounds like a woodpecker :lol Angel Sutra did the woodpecker chatter too when he was excited for his pills, which always came accompanied by whipped cream :) Carrie has chattered a few times, but the rest of them do it all the time.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have a few chatterers, but I lost Piper and Tally, and Jessie stopped.

Jessie started again last fall, and since then I've heard Graham, Pink (always a quiverer but not previously a clacker), Betsy (after 6 1/2 years!), Edie (I think (it was very soft) after 6 years), and Cal (I think--she's only got her canines). The loudest chatterer by far is...Minnie (standard poodle). She doesn't do it often, but she makes it count.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest LindsaySF

Rogan chatters his teeth so hard you can hear it across the room. Teagan's chin quivers just a bit. No one else does it.