Mandys Grace

Burpdog

So very sorry for the loss of your special girl.

Remember the good times...

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds so very special.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Guest Adrianne

I am so so sorry, Diane. I, too, knew a very special dog who was not ready to go. Oh, the body couldn't take any more, but the mind and spirit wanted to fight on and weren't ready to leave. It was the single hardest letting go I have ever done.

Warm, gentle hugs to you, my friend. And sweet kisses in the wind to Grace.

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I didn't realize she was still That young, Diane. I remember your meeting her too.. and I remember meeting her while she was at Marilyn's... where she talked and talked and talked and we all wondered if you knew what you were getting into -- well you didn't actually -- but see it all worked out.... crying, I hate it when They don't want to even when it has to be.... bless your heart, I am so sorry.

Isn't it ironic how the biggest PITAS leave the largest holes in our hearts? I am so sorry she left so soon! She was beautiful!:f_red

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest avadogner

Oh I am so sorry and sad for you. I hate to hear Grace is gone to the bridge. I think we all have a heartdog in our adoption history that takes up a bigger portion of love than the others. Some are there by their quirkiness or how much they blossomed under your love. My PITA Diva came to us as a traumatized mess. She blossomed with extensive training and nightly hour long session of me petting her. It turned her around into a Sassy, Classy, Fashion hound, People Person, Center of Attention Diva. The first time I kissed the top of head, she freaked so bad that she headbutted me and broke my nose. Now she lets me kiss her nose on command. I ask her to kiss and she picks up her head, closes her eyes and waits for me to kiss her. She has been declining with LS for the last year and we will have to make a decison soon. She has been my best friend and personal therapy dog through 7 surgeries and pending kidney transplant. I am crying right now after reading your similar description of your Grace. I feel your heartbreak and will be praying for you and your family during this sad time. We are all here to listen and cheer you too! :grouphug

-ava and augie's mum

Diane, I'm so very sorry your beautiful girl had to leave you so soon :( :( :(

sending you many, MANY hugs. :grouphug :grouphug :f_red

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Diane, I'm so sorry Grace is gone!!!

And, I'm sorry I missed Isaac's birthday... glad he's still with you!

None of them are ever with us long enough!

Hugs!

Diane, I'm so sorry Grace is gone!!!

And, I'm sorry I missed Isaac's birthday... glad he's still with you!

None of them are ever with us long enough!

Hugs!

Pam

GPA-Tallahassee/Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

"Fate is unalterable only in the sense that given a cause, a certain result must follow, but no cause is inevitable in itself, and man can shape his world if he does not resign himself to ignorance." Pearl S. Buck

I am so sorry, Diane.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Diane, my heart breaks for you. Your sweet (and in your face) Gracie could never be with you long enough, but this was way too soon.

I am so sorry I didn't know until now. I will light a candle for your sweet pita, because she was who she was, and you adored her. Which she no doubt knew and took full advantage of.

You know deep down you have heart left, that is what makes you who you are. :f_white

Diane, I am so sorry you had to lose another one! You have a heart of gold!

Godspeed, Grace!

Sara formerly on Greytalk as Mommyof3
Gone, but still part of our family and always in our hearts:
Bruiser Isa Comander To 6/23/91-11/20/03 Sandy NSK Special Up 10/19/89-6/13/04 Beau Bdk's Boo Boo 1/1/93-12/15/06 Cooney Lars Dbltakedean 11/1/93-1/23/07
Buddy 2/9/1997-11/16/09 Joe Elkhart Joe 11/7/99-12/2/10 Alex Streakin Diablo 4/17/02-4/1/11 Brother Hylife Brother 9/26/97-2/28/12

Comanche Gil's Comanche 6/7/2005-11/7/2015 Molly 4/8/2011-4/13/2018

Diane-

I know your heart must be very sad. She was so young and so beautiful.

Grace, please be sure to let your dog-mom know that you are Ok.

Run free, sweetie.

:gh_run

:grouphug

Carol

Greyhound Fleece Jackets

Greyhound Pack: EdWin, Jethro. and Lucky; Foster Jinks; Angels Janet, Faster, Blake, Navarre, Murray, and Festus.

Thank you all for your kind words. I had a moment at Sandy Paws and almost lost it. I went over to Robin & Laze's booth and there was the most beautiful pink collar with rhinestones and I immediately thought "Grace!" and then, realizing I really had to work to hold it together. Someone told me perhaps Grace was there and helping me choose the collar for another girl.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits