Please No, Not Paulie Too

Deep breath -- could be just a benign nothing. Have your bet take a look and then if neccesary have it aspirated.

Is the lump moveable?

Unfortunately, no. Immobile and hard, but it doesn't seem to hurt. I'm trying to prepare for the worst but hope for the best. :gh_child

Mom to:

Littermates Ringo (Pak Sgt Pepper)at the bridge, Paul (Pak Penny Lane) and John (Pak Let it Be). The three reunited Beatle Brothers.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wmlcml6

oh dear God. This made my stomach lurch. As you said, Please NOT Paulie, too.

At least it may be operable if that is the diagnosis, but I'm praying for a completely different less threatening problem. Please let me know what the vet says, Deb. I'll be worrying right along with you.

p.s. Please research biopsies and the risks before you go to the vet. It was recommended that I get one for Annie, and I kick myself every time I think of putting her through sedation and the procedure. We let her go before we even had the biopsy results, and we lost a whole day to her being anxious and panting. It was not worth having it confirmed to put her through that. And I've heard you risk fracturing the bone when you have the procedure done. Not saying don't do it, and knowing you the research is already done, but I just wanted to throw that out there. Sending much love to our boys and your family.

Well, we're back from the vet. There's no news and good news. The mass, which is clearly palpable, hard and attached to his rib was not visible on any of the three x-ray views they took. Strange, because both the vet and I expected to see something. His stomach was full, so it did make it difficult to clearly visualize the rib. The good news is that his lungs look clear. So if this does turn out to be a malignancy, we should still have viable treatment options. Hopefully, further investigation will reveal that its benign. :hope

My next steps will be to send his x-rays and records to OSU for a consult and also schedule a surgical consult with our vet specialty group here at home. I'm guessing she will recommend a CT scan as a next step.

While I hate not knowing, I'd rather wait for positive news than to know bad news now. :goodluck:goodluck

Thanks everyone for your prayers and good wishes. Please keep them coming.

Mom to:

Littermates Ringo (Pak Sgt Pepper)at the bridge, Paul (Pak Penny Lane) and John (Pak Let it Be). The three reunited Beatle Brothers.

Keeping all fingers crossed. All of them. All the time.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Adding all of our best wishes and cyberhugs.

Nutmeg, who just had some small, hard, benign lumps removed, says to tell Paul to hang in there.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

We will still keep good thoughts for Paulie. Hoping you get good news from OSU as well.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Sending prayers that you get good news for Paulie.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Sending prayers to Paulie.

:grouphug:hope

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Paul had surgery this morning for a biopsy. The surgeon decided to take out a 2cm section of his rib to get a definitive pathology report and perhaps to remove all of the offending lesion. The surgery went well and he will stay overnight. I should hear a diagnosis within the week. On x-ray, his lungs were clear, which is a good sign.

Mom to:

It's so hard waiting for the diagnosis, but the clear lungs are good news. I'm glad the surgery went well. Hope he is home soon, and will be sending lots of good thoughts out to him.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown