Hero Has A Limp

Guest EmbersDad

Maybe he has a sliver in the underpart of the paw where the fur is. Carl has tried to kill me with worry twice with limping (front paws), I found a teeny tiny sliver of something in his paw. I put a warm damp compress on it to soften it up, it finally worked it's way out. Sending good thoughts that it's a big old NOTHING.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Wet the bottom of the pads and check again for corns. Limping on pavement but, not on grass or carpets sure sounds like a corn.

This was my immediate thought. This coming from someone who spent over 2 years and several thousand $$$ trying to find out why Nadir was limping. That is exactly what he would do, fine in grassy areas, but limp badly on hard surfaces.

Best of luck at the vet's tomorrow, Tom. Scritches to Hero from me please. :heart We'll be thinking of you both, update when you can.

Edited by MerlinsMum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Tom, I'm thinking of you and Hero today and hoping that what you fear is not the reason for his limp. Having lost 2 to this terrible disease I can certainly understand why your mind would immediately go to it, but there are also other non-fatal reasons for limping and with that in mind I send out positive thoughts that it is one of those things.

Thinking about you and Hero today. Let us know how the appointment goes.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Adding more good thoughts and prayers.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Checking on how your appointment went for Hero. Hoping it is just a pulled muscle .....

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Guest EmbersDad

well, they did not do xrays. the vet checked him out, listened to his lungs, felt all his joints, and really found nothing. he did not limp when they walked him on pavement. we are going to film him when he limps and take that back to the vet.

Damn that white coat syndrome, anyway! Don't you hate when that happens? Will still pray harder than hard that it's nothing.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest peacehound

had the same problem when trying to get Peace's limp diagnosed, I took short videos of her for three days each time she got up or walked in the yard..the vets at OSU said the videos were the biggest help in finding out what the problem was. She of course was so pumped with adrenaline or something while at OSU that she appeared normal as can be. She has been on Adequan shots now for six months and they have changed her quality of life so much..she plays, is able to walk without pain and seems very content..it was wonderful to finally get a reason for the limping(joint problems probably from old injury) she is now off Deramaxx and doing well. Best of luck with your boy, I so understand the fear of a limp. It took us over two years to finally get an answer, hope it goes easier for you.