Anyone Have An Idea What This Is?

Guest patgam

I noticed this on Bell's tummy this morning when she was roaching on my bed. If it's a bruise, I'm not sure how she got it overnite. The pictures may not be the best & I do apologize..I used my digital. I have a call into her vet to try to get her in tonite to have them look at it. Thanks for looking and any advice is appreciated. I took 2 photos.

bellstummy002.jpg

bellstummy003.jpg

bruise??? that's what it looks like to me. my dog had something just like that and some scrapes, she was running low and hitting debris in the yard. keep an eye on it, if it doesn't lighten in color and seems larger than a consult from your vet is advisable. but it looks like it should fade in a couple of days.

It's a bruise. I would just keep an eye on it. Lucky had a bruise the other day that I wasn't sure where it came from. Then I remembered Diamond accidently landed on him so it might have been from that. It was gone after a day or so.

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

I'd guess bruise too. Mark it with a marker. If it increases in size over the next few hours, I would get to the vet sooner rather than later.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Thank you for your prompt replies. I thought it might be a bruise also. My sitter will be looking at Bell's tummy when she comes today & if it's gotten worse, she'll call me right away. Bell has a vet appointment tonite to have it looked at and also a consultation on her dental. I was being the "over worried" mom, as it wasn't there last nite when she came to bed. And when you don't see bruises on your dogs tummy, if you're me, ya freak! :)

Bruise. Treasure had one that covered her entire underside from a fall outside. I ended up taking her to the ever.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

yup its a bruise, we had a whole belly of bruising when my first pup had thrombocytopenia (probably not what you are dealing with), she had other signs such as small purplish dots on her belly and bleeding gums. Most likely your pup just scraped against something or got bit by something. Maybe a spider or tick got her recently? they can cause bruising, nasty little buggers...

I'm sure she will be fine :) Sometimes worth the vet visit just for peace of mind :)

Now that I'm on my computer rather than iPhone, I can see striations in the bruise. It looks like she fell or ran into something (the darker, longer part of bruise), then slid or dragged across the object, like it was uneven on the lighter part of bruise.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Any update from the sitter?

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Pat, please check in here when you get back from the vet! I would have been concerned too. Hoping it's just a bruise she got from being a klutz :blush:goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I noticed this on Bell's tummy this morning when she was roaching on my bed. If it's a bruise, I'm not sure how she got it overnite. The pictures may not be the best & I do apologize..I used my digital. I have a call into her vet to try to get her in tonite to have them look at it. Thanks for looking and any advice is appreciated. I took 2 photos.

bellstummy002.jpg

bellstummy003.jpg

Update: Took Bell to the Vet last nite & he was concerned, so they drew blood & I'll have results on Friday. He said to do some cool compresses. Today it is smaller, but much redder. She'll be just fine. Nothing a bully stik won't cure. :)