Good Thoughts And Prayers For Ms. Elsie Lou

RobinM

Elsie who is 12 years, 5 months (and has no clue she is a day over 3) has had a growth on her leg that we have been "watching" for a few months. It's changed a bit and my vet just wants to make sure it's not mast cell. She didn't seem to concerned even if it were so I am not going to get myself crazy unless I have to. (OK, anymore crazier thatn I already am)

Chloe was suppossed to be going for her dental. She is 7. This is her first one since she is 2. BUT I realized tonight that I had not stopped her baby aspirn ((head tremors that may be mini strokes) so I cancelled. In the event she needs to have an extraction, I just didn't feel comfortable not having stopped the aspirin.

With humans it's 5-7 days to stop blood thiinners days in optimal conditions, what abouit our hounds?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest mountain4greys

Oh Elsie, we'll be thinking of you. Hope everything turns out ok. Robin, can't help you on the blood thinner thing. Sorry. We'll be keeping you all in our thoughts.

Yah, I'd be very anxious just like you. Good luck and positive thoughts.

I am not anxious. Really! I just need to know how long do most suggest waiting on surgery after aspirin and yeah, some prayers are always helpful! ;)

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

I kinda figured, but I wanted to check anyway... this is what I found online.

Additional Warnings When Using Aspirin For Your Dog

• Never use more than one NSAID (including aspirin) at the same time.
  • Do not combine NSAIDs with any other corticosteroids.
  • Aspirin should be stopped at least one week before any surgery.
  • Do not give over-the-counter aspirin made for human consumption to your dogs. UT OH, I am !!! (1/2 St Joseph Aspirin)

b

Heard from vet. She wants 2 weeks off the aspirin.

Here we go....now I am worried!

Thinking of you and Elsie this morning...

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Lots of good thoughts for Elsie Lou and also for Chloe, but YOU WON'T NEED THEM. :) :) :)

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Elsie did very well. They had to give her a little sedation but not a general. Vet said it was encapsulated which was good and not the way mast cell usually presents itself but she sent it out just to be sure. Elsie was standing shortly after surgery to go pee pee but when I came to get her at 2 she was sleeping and did not want to get up. I just called and they said she was demanding to go home. Foot stomping and everything. Since it's on Rich's way home from work, he will get her.Thanks for the good wishes for my special broodie.Next will be Chloe's dental. I normally don't get concerned about the dentals, etc but Chloe has "something" going on since she is 2 with head tremors which has not actually been diagnosed as anything other than "head tremors" as of now. She is on 1/2 baby aspirin 1 x a day for the past 3 months and has had 2 head tremors in the last week.

Guest jettcricket

Elsie did very well. They had to give her a little sedation but not a general. Vet said it was encapsulated which was good and not the way mast cell usually presents itself but she sent it out just to be sure. Elsie was standing shortly after surgery to go pee pee but when I came to get her at 2 she was sleeping and did not want to get up. I just called and they said she was demanding to go home. Foot stomping and everything. Since it's on Rich's way home from work, he will get her.Thanks for the good wishes for my special broodie.Next will be Chloe's dental. I normally don't get concerned about the dentals, etc but Chloe has "something" going on since she is 2 with head tremors which has not actually been diagnosed as anything other than "head tremors" as of now. She is on 1/2 baby aspirin 1 x a day for the past 3 months and has had 2 head tremors in the last week.

Keeping fingers crossed for a good biopsy. :goodluck

So, Rich picked her up and she walked to car, tech put her in back seat and we could not get her up to get her in the house! She was in Rich's convertible so we put the top down and angled ourselves to carry her out. She knuckled on both legs so he had to carry her into the house. We placed her on a bed in the den where she continues to sleep. I called the vet and she said they gave her just a little bit of sedative (starts with a T) I have forgotten already- the dose they normally give to a puppy. I have never seen her this out of it.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz