Wabi Has A Mouth ... Tumor?

Xan

hope this gets better very soon! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, Kestralyn! That's sweet of you. :)

Yes, we're coming up on it, this Fri., day after tomorrow, and thank goodness! I do not like the look of it, and it does keep growing and changing. :(

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Thanks, Patsy!

DH and I were just talking about the arrogance of prayer and other such lobbying with the powers-that-be, and the crazy assumption that our words might have power over nature itself. Well, yeah, I'm not going to rule out the possibility, crazy as it might be! :lol

I'll let you all know as soon as I pick her up tomorrow. **crazy speaking to powers-that-be that she WILL come home tomorrow, alive. And well, while we're at it!**

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

Wabs is at the vet now. I dropped her off a little after 8, and they said they'll probably keep her 'til around 5pm, which is probably to keep an eye on her following the anesthesia, so good. Although it's awful, and feels so weird that she's not here. H and I are both so anxious! They say they'll call when she's out of surgery, and I repeated repeatedly that she has arrested under anesthesia before, and has no spleen. She, on the other hand, was thrilled to be there, even putting her front paws on the counter for a second, which is a FIRST. :lol When one woman came out to take her back saying, "So, you want to come with me?" Wabi took one look at her, and dashed over. I said, "She'll go with anybody. Watch, she won't even say good-bye!" She never looked back, the little rascal!

I just hope that's not the last memory I'll have of her alive.

*sigh*

PS My niece said that was very morbid. But, hey! unsure.gif

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

Prayer is focused attention, and my attention is focused on Wabi waking up fine and getting all better! Maybe it could be seen as arrogant to have a preferred outcome and say so. But how weird would it be not to?

:baloons Please deliver these to Wabi when she wakes up! :getwell And a hug for you, Xan! :bighug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Keeping up the prayers for your little Wab-lette, Xan.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:candle :candle

5 p.m. return of a happy, healthy Wabi!

btw, prayer to your PTB of choice may be arrogant, but I look from a cat's world view, you'll never know if you don't ask! (although cats aren't exactly known for being humble :lol)

Just talked to the vet!

She said, she got a good sample with just a light sedation and a local (yeay!!), because she's such a good dog! :wub::wub: And that her teeth and jaw all seemed stable. She's leaning towards epulis, partly because she doesn't see it as growing as aggressively as some mouth cancers. Path report should be back in "five-ish days". I can pick her up after 3:00.

(How's 3:00:01? ;P )

Now, we wait.

She also said her kidney enzymes were at the high end of normal, and asked if I raw feed (nope). That's just something to note and watch, she said.

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg