How Do You Know When Its Time?

Guest Balfie

I'm so sorry you're going through this. We just had to make this decision last week. We've had to make this decision 4 times now and it never gets easier. It's a very personal decision and each person has their own criteria.

I usually have to ask myself several questions.

Are they suffering? Are They in pain?

Do they still play with their toys?

Do they love going for walks?

Are they eating well?

Do I still gets wags and kisses?

Are they enjoying life?

Are they getting any joy out of life?

Can they be made well and pain free again.

If I can't answer yes to most of those questions then I know it's time. As much as I love my dogs, I can't stand to see them suffer and I can't justify keeping them with me at their expense.

This is the best guidance you will get. It is heartwrenching but having gone through it multiple times, we all know the sad truth is that WE can get through it no matter how very much it seems like we won't.

well said, we heal, our memories do fade a tad, but we always remember the sweetness of our beloved pups.

Guest Balfie

Thankyou for all your replys.

The time came last night, you were right, we knew.

Our baby is at peace now, and not ill any more and our hearts are breaking.

I am so very sorry for the loss. We are all grieving with you.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so sorry, words seem so inadequate, but we grieve deeply because we love them so much. They will always be with us, in our hearts.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I am so very sorry. May her now being pain-free bring you some comfort during this time.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

May you find peace at this difficult time. From what you described, it was the right decision and the most loving - but perhaps the most difficult one you will ever make.

We all have been there - where you believe your heart won't heal - and to some degree, it does not - so with each loss, another piece goes.... but you will eventually find comfort and even joy in the wonderful memories.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I am very sad for you. I know how much I sobbed when I had to say goodbye to my heartdog. But I also believe you made the right decision and, in time, when you find your sorrow lessening you will realize a certain inner peace in knowing that you made the right decision for your lovely girl.

Edited by IndyandHollyluv