Turbo

turbotaina

Oh, no, Meredith! I'm so sorry - my heart also dropped when I saw his name.

Hugs to you & Mitch.

Run free, Turbo - and find the good couches...

:f_white:crying:grouphug

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turbo was a well-loved and well-traveled hound. I hope you will be consoled by thoughts of the wonderful life you shared with him. :grouphug:f_white:grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest greycrew

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy. I know what you're going through. I lost my heart boy Tone 7 weeks ago and am still in shock and disbelief. I'm lost without him, but so thankful he was part of my life.

Meredith - your tribute was short, sweet,simple and to the point - I know Turbo running toward you WILL be what you see.

Some pictures from Dewey - so glad you brought him that year.

On the couch (as usual)

TurboonCouch.jpg

Turbo2.jpg

and a couple with Meredith

TurboMeredith2.jpgTurboMeredith.jpg

gallery_15555_2884_10764.jpg
Adrienne - with the kitties Tippy & Tyler Too

Missing my bridge angels Boo Zsee, Java Bean (Nitro Kristen), Zeeba and Baer the not-so-miniature schnauzer

I'm so sorry for you loss. The picture is beautiful and perfect.

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

Such a special friend. I am so sorry. :grouphug

Godspeed Turbo :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

My heart jumped into my throat when I saw his name in this forum. I didn't know him, but Turbo had the COOLEST name and racing name, and he just struck me as a most amazing guy. His photos speak more than anything. I am so, so sorry for your loss. :heart

I hope we will all be so lucky to be greeted by that vision you posted once we reach the Bridge.

:grouphug

Sending hugs to you and Mitch.

So many different peeps with pics of your beautiful boy, that says something, he had an impact on everyone who was lucky enough to meet him. I wish I could have been one of those people. Love ya chicklet and wish there was something that could be said to make it hurt less :grouphug

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Guest K9_Lady

I am so sorry for your loss of Turbo. He will be Forever in your Hearts :paw:heart

"For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,

We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.

So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart

If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart."

Guest juliagulia630

Oh no Meredith. I am so sorry. Turbo was gorgeous is all ways. He had such a great personality and he loved you guys very much. He was such a lucky hound to have found his soul mates. Sending hugs your way.

Thank you for all your kind words, and for sharing your pictures of our boy. Those of you who have pictures, if you could email them to us, we'd really appreciate it. There are some nice ones out there that I hadn't seen (or that I have seen, but don't have) and we'd like to print them and keep them with other pictures of our boy. So if you would, please email your pics to sendahlboss @ gmail.

This thread has been such a comfort to us. It's heart warming to see how he touched so many people. He really was just the best dog. I used to tell people when I was doing home visits (and Turbo was unceasingly trying to climb up on their couches) that I did everything wrong you could do with a greyhound, from crating location to cat introductions, but I just got lucky. Aside from stealing unattended food, Turbo never did anything wrong. He was bombproof, had no "issues" at all (aside from being a little insecure sometimes and overly bossy with other dogs at other times). He was our best friend and I couldn't have asked for a better dog. I really hit the jackpot with him and it's so hard to believe he will no longer snuggle with us in bed, stand and stare at us until we move from his favorite location on the couch, drool puddles while waiting for a lick from our bowls...It just hurts. There is some consolation in that we know we gave him the best of everything and he lived a happy retired life with us. He got to go to Greyhound events up and down the east coast (his favorite, and mine, being the Adoption Expo - thank you Linda Jensen for putting that together, even when the tracks were all closing down), got to go camping, hiking, fun runs, coursing, parties. He had a good life. I just wish it could have been longer.

We picked up his ashes yesterday and while it was very painful for us, it's good to have him back home.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Meredith- I just saw this thread, I never met Turbo, hell I haven't met but two people who are on GT in person, but through your stories and those of others you and he have met I feel like I knew him. I am so sorry for your loss, Turbo will be missed by everyone. :cry1

Run Free Turbo....run to your mommy when she comes home to you....

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.