When It Rains, It Pours

Last Thurs I noticed that Kelsey had a "cloud" in her eye so I made an appt with our vet for Tues . This weekend she has had the Big D but is active, eating and being her nutty self. I've been giving her rice but i know some people will give Imodium. What dosage would I give for a 60 lb. pup?

Sterling isn't feeling at all well. He tripped on the stairs going out on Fri and skinned his leg. He is not eating and looks alittle thinner, has no energy (but will move from bed to bed) and this morning notice some mucus in his nose (not the clear drips). I will be taking him in to the vet tomorrow.

We just need some good thoughts and prayers for my pups.

Edited by SIGreyLady

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Guest d0ggiem0mma

I usually use Pepto for minor bouts of the big D. Use 1 of the caplets (not the chewable kind.)

Guest Figmama

Oh no. I use Pepto also. I believe the dose is 1 Tlbs per 10 lbs of body weight.

Hope things get better.

So sorry to hear that your babies are not feeling well, Mimi. Sending good thoughts your way. We will look for an update.

:grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Got the hounds to the vet today. Kelsey is over her Big D and has a referral for a vet ophthalmologist about the "cloud" in her eye.

Sterling may have a kidney and a tooth infection. His temp is 102.2 and he is down to 68 lbs. (He is normally about 78 lbs. but hasn't been eating). His urine (drawn by catheter) was greenish and vet said that shows some blood in it. She took blood and the urine for testing and should know more tomorrow. He had sub-cu fluids for dehydration, 2 shots of antibioticsand a shot of Pepcid for his nausea. He was a little perkier coming home. I'm to give him 1 -1/2 tabs of pepcid twice a day starting tomorrow.

He does have gingivitis too but has mucus in his nose which the vet said may indicate a sinus infection caused by his bad canines. We can't schedule a dental until he is feeling better and gets his weight up a little.

Will update as we know more.

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Fingers crossed that the antibiotics and pepcid get him feeling better.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

We are very sorry we just now saw this: We are sending lots and lots of prayers for the both of them!!!!! :candle:hope :hope :hope We hope they feel better real soon!!!!!

Pongo senbs his Beautiful Kelsey a lot of Get Well: :f_pink:kiss2 :kiss2

Please keep us updated... Sorry you are going through all this.... :bighug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Good thoughts for both your pups. One being injured/sick is enough but two gets to be too much. Hopefully they are both are on the mend soon.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:weep:brokenheart It is with a heavy heart and teary eyes to let you know that my beloved Sterling died in his sleep very early this morning.:weep We will miss him terribly.

Mimi and Kelsey

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Oh no! I'm so very sorry. Godspeed Sterling.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

What a shock and a heartache for you. I'm so sorry.

Godspeed, sweet boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.