Spencer Has Been Diagnosed With Lymphoma

Guest Spencers_Greyt

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bellamia

That's what happened to my fur-child, just one day all of a sudden her lymph nodes on the sides of her neck were swollen and also in her hind legs...it comes on so fast it's unfair that you're given so little time to prepare yourself for it...I'm so sorry to hear about your Spencer :(

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Thank you so much for your kind replies! It's comforting.

I have a friend that suggested that I get Orijen's 6 Fish or Regional Red kibble as it's good for cancerous dogs. It apparently starves the cancer because it's almost completely protein. I know that sugar in it's various forms, including simple carbs, feeds cancer in humans so it makes sense that this food would starve it. She also told me about a nutrition supplement called APA Antioxident Booster that helps boost the immune system. Since both of these would not impact Spencer's quality of life and may slow the progression of his cancer, I feel it is worth it to give it a try. Obviously there's no cure but if I can prolong his life comfortably then I will try it.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

I have a bit of an update in Post #33 but I'm thinking the holistic approach isn't going to work in this instance because Spencer was panting and pacing all night which means he is in pain so he might be leaving me earlier than expected.

Guest K9Cookies

I am so sorry to hear about Spencer. :cry1 We lost Bonnie to lymphoma 2 years ago. It really sucks. Feel free to PM me if you need to talk or have any questions. We did the chemo route and all because she was only 6. We felt like it was the right thing to do for her.

Give Spencer a hug and kiss from us. :grouphug Hang in there.

I'm so sorry for you, Donna.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Just seeing this :cry1 I'm so terribly sorry. You and Spencer are in my thoughts. I hope you have many happy days left together :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug:goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I have a bit of an update in Post #33 but I'm thinking the holistic approach isn't going to work in this instance because Spencer was panting and pacing all night which means he is in pain so he might be leaving me earlier than expected.

Donna, at the point when he was pacing and panting, had Spencer had any tramadol? At high doses, tramadol can trigger anxiety in some dogs. (Someone mentioned it in the other thread, when you were asking about dosage.) Anyway, the pacing/panting might not be pain...

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Donna, at the point when he was pacing and panting, had Spencer had any tramadol? At high doses, tramadol can trigger anxiety in some dogs. (Someone mentioned it in the other thread, when you were asking about dosage.) Anyway, the pacing/panting might not be pain...

Spencer got his first dose of Tramadol today and it is working beautifully. He stopped panting and slept most of the afternoon. A friend said that he might not be in pain but might have discomfort from tumors pushing on his internal organs. I'm just glad he's comfortable right now!

Guest lynne893

I add my thoughts of comfort and sympathy to you.

We lost our dear Timber in September 2009 to lymphoma in her intestines.

My heart goes out to you and Spencer.

Much love,

Lynne

Guest freightsmom

Glad the tramadol is helping him to rest more easy. We are so sorry to hear of his illness :hope

Edited by freightsmom