Good Thoughts For Chase Please

Guest LindsaySF

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LindsaySF

I just called again (I last called at 3:40). They said she's still in surgery. Is that normal? Maybe lots of prep time? unsure.gif

I am so worried....... :(

If she had just gone in when you called and they're doing some extractions, yes, normal.

Everything still crossed here. Typing with (cropthed) thumbth.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest LindsaySF

She's out of surgery! Phew.... smile.gif

Her blood pressure dropped in the beginning, but they increased her fluids and it came right back up. She tolerated the anesthesia well and she seems to be recovering well.

The extractions were difficult and took a long time because some of the roots were loose, while others were firmly attached. The vet said if the tooth looked snug and not diseased, she cleaned them and left them. She has 5 chewing teeth and 3 canines remaining.

She's staying overnight and they'll see how her appetite is tomorrow. If she eats and seems okay, she can come home tomorrow. Depending on her recovery, we might need to do sub-q fluids at home, etc. Fingers crossed that she comes around and feels well enough to eat. :goodluck

~Lindsay~

Edited by LindsaySF

Yea Chase!!!!! Sleep well tonight, beautiful lady, and we're sending prayers that you wake up in the morning

feeling feisty & hungry & CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME!!

Kathy, DesiRay, Skeeter

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Continued good wishes!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest happygrey

My best wishes to this sweet old girl! My fingers are tripled crossed that she can come home tomorrow. :) :) Yay Chase! Glad you got some of those nasty old teeth out of there.

Guest Lakota

My heart dropped when I read the first update. I am so relieved that she is out of surgery. She deserves better than what she had when you got her, now that she has it, it would be nice if she could enjoy it for a while.

:goodluck

Guest DundeeToddsMom

Sending prayers for Chase to get home quickly and recover from dental. Thank you for taking such greyt care of the sweet old 'gal! :blush

Edited by DundeeToddsMom

Thanks for the update Lindsay, hang in there Chase :bighug:bighug, praying for you sweet girl.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Guest greytbookert

Thanks for the update, Lindsay!

As I read your first update, I was brought back to Mama Ro's first dental. Her kidney values were also not great. However, her teeth were so so bad. Perhaps you remember, you could actually smell her coming prior to the dental. Once she had the dental and numerous extractions, (she was left with her canines and 4 molars). her kdiney values improved, didn't get to 100% but it was manageable. Still sending prayers and hugs for you and Chase.

Hi Lindsay, sorry I didn't see this until today...I have her original thread tracked so I can keep up with how she's doing :blush

glad to hear she came through ok, I hope she is doing ok and can come home today. Hopefully you'll have an update soon.

Chase really tugs at my heart strings. You said she was originally from a group here (Chicago) and I would love to let her live out her life back in Chi Town....but we have too many stairs here (WHY DID I NOT GET A RANCH WHEN WE MOVED 11 YEARS AGO :headwall ) and the GUR would be too long. :(

sending many hugs and prayers Chase's way! You are an angel for doing all you do for the puppers. :kiss2

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest Swifthounds

Good news! After a bit of recovery time, not having those nasty teeth should give her a good boost overall.

So glad anesthesia went well.