Bitten By A Greyhound Bug

Guest calgary731

Guest calgary731

Hello everyone!

I initially stumbled upon this site when I was googling about the feeding, and I am amazed at how much useful information I've already come across in such a short period of time! very informative and educational!

Here's my boy, Calgary.

calgary_feb27_2010_02.jpg

I adopted him last July, on the 31st; hence, my username. It's funny I had a list of all these potential names I had come up with for my new dog, but I ended up keeping his name that was given to him at the kennel. I thought it was very unique somehow, aside from it being a major city in Canada.. pirate.gif

It's been just over 7 months, and I already can't imagine my life without him. He's my perfect first dog.

I am actually in the process of adopting my 2nd at the moment! My boy and I went down to the kennel last Saturday and picked out his new pal, but she just came off the track and wasn't quite ready to come home yet. She's undergoing medical/dental treatment and getting spayed this week, and hopefully I'll be able to bring her home by next weekend.

I think I've been bitten by a greyhound bug; something about them just makes my heart melt wub.gif

More photos of Calgary:

calgary01.jpg

calgary03.jpg

calgary04.jpg

Guest Lakota

Hi there. They do get under your skin amazingly quickly. You will have to share your adoption story, and pics of the new girl. We love those arround here.

Guest tricolorhounds

I remember Calgary... We were there the day they arrived from the track. Here is the picture of Calgary failing his kitty test :lol I'll have to see if I have any others.

DSC_0090.jpg

Who are you adopting?

Welcome to GT :wave

Lynnet

Guest fringepup

Welcome from Pennsylvania! Calgary is quite the handsome boy! How exciting that he will soon have a sister! You will get completely addicted to Greytalk....hence me on here at 5:00 a.m.! I signed on today around 4:00 a.m. :blink:

Best of luck to you all! And pictures are a must...or so I was told when we joined! :D

And another Howdy to Calgary...from Calgary!

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Welcome...yeah, we all have the same bug :lol

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Welcome aboard. Calgary is a beautiful boy and I'm so glad you have decided to "chip". Can't wait to see pictures of your new girl.

I love the picture someone posted of Calgary's cat testing failure. :P

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

Welcome, he's so handsome! Seems like most of our dogs LOVE that stuffed duck :lol

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Welcome from Michigan! Yep, we chipped too! Both brindles, 1 male 1 female. Kind of a hazard for me as I foster for our group AFGWM. Sometimes it's just hard to say no :P

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

Welcome from NJ! Calgary is very handsome! Do you have any photos of your new girl?

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.

Guest calgary731

Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone!

Fortune.jpg

This is the only picture of the new girl I was able to find on the adoption website. She seemed very sweet from the moment I first saw her, and I kind of knew she was going to be my next addition to the family. I'll take pictures when I bring her home.

Hi Lynnet - thanks for the picture of Calgary failing his kitty test! That is just too funny! I can totally see him thinking "hum. what is this little furry thing? can I poke it?" He seems to be okay with my neighbor's cat, but in general, he seems curious just about everything he sees, which I find really amusing. There are coyotes around my neighborhood, and my dog has been mistaken for a coyote, a great dane, a baby deer, and a kangaroo. To me, he does look like a kangaroo when he gets excited and jumps up and down. The new girl I'm adopting is Fortune as you probably recognize her in the picture above. Have you had chance to meet her yet at the kennel? She's so lovely.

I didn't know "chipping" meant to get another one. Learn something new every day! laugh.gif I certainly think Calgary will love having a pal to hang out with!

Guest fringepup

Oh what a handsome boy.

Of course it didn't take long to chip.

You do know what chipping means, dontcha?

To chip: to adopt another greyhound. Comes from the Lays potato chip commercial that nobody can have just one.

Welcome and congrats!

LOL! That's a good one :rofl !

Guest tricolorhounds

Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone!

Fortune.jpg

This is the only picture of the new girl I was able to find on the adoption website. She seemed very sweet from the moment I first saw her, and I kind of knew she was going to be my next addition to the family. I'll take pictures when I bring her home.

Hi Lynnet - thanks for the picture of Calgary failing his kitty test! That is just too funny! I can totally see him thinking "hum. what is this little furry thing? can I poke it?" He seems to be okay with my neighbor's cat, but in general, he seems curious just about everything he sees, which I find really amusing. There are coyotes around my neighborhood, and my dog has been mistaken for a coyote, a great dane, a baby deer, and a kangaroo. To me, he does look like a kangaroo when he gets excited and jumps up and down. The new girl I'm adopting is Fortune as you probably recognize her in the picture above. Have you had chance to meet her yet at the kennel? She's so lovely.

I didn't know "chipping" meant to get another one. Learn something new every day! laugh.gif I certainly think Calgary will love having a pal to hang out with!

I haven't had a chance to play with Fortune yet... but I did suggest the names for that group when they came in.

I thought Calgary was going to pass the kitty test, until that moment when he tried to take a bite out of Simba... Silly boy!

Hi and welcome from Maryland!

Calgary is very handsome and your new girl is gorgeous! We will be looking forward to seeing more pictures of the two of them!

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.