Clark Needs Prayers Again - Tumor Removal

Guest LokisMom

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checking in for an update. I hope Clark is doing well and can come home today.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

More good thoughts for Clark.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest LokisMom

Clark is home. We picked him up late yesterday and he went back this morning for a bandage change. He's very sore and doesn't want to get up and walk at all. He ate half his breakfast which the vet said was a good sign but has refused to eat anything else. Unfortunately for me, since he isn't too interested in food, administering his medicine has been a pain!

He's very bruised up and in pain but the vet says the incision looks good and is holding together well. Thank you all for the support.

Continued good thoughts from here.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest LokisMom

I am up at 3:30 am with the poor boy. He still won't stand on his own. If I lift him onto his feet he leans on me and his back legs sort of start folding under. We're supposed to take him to the vet Tuesday for a bandage change. If he still won't stand tomorrow I am taking him back Monday. He was walking slowly and painfully but able to support himself Friday. He seems to be getting worse in that respect.

Thank you again for the well wishes.

I was thinking and I've decided that one of the things I love about greyhound people (animal people) is that I know no one here would find it strange that my life now consists of sleeping on the floor next to him to make sure he's alright. That I am up with him at night as often as if he were an infant. That I can't just ignore him to go to sleep.

Guest fringepup

I would (and have) done the same thing! I once slept on my kitchen floor to be with my dog when she was sick. Very uncomfortable accommodations, but you do what you have to so that they are okay. I hope Clark has a fast recovery and his is better today.

Guest IrskasMom

Maybe ,if you use a Towel under his Hindend for Support to lift him up and stabelize him . It might be easier on you and he feels the Support. You got more Prayers and Hugs coming for Clark :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

I was thinking and I've decided that one of the things I love about greyhound people (animal people) is that I know no one here would find it strange that my life now consists of sleeping on the floor next to him to make sure he's alright. That I am up with him at night as often as if he were an infant. That I can't just ignore him to go to sleep.

My thoughts have been with Clark and you. I'm hoping that he improves enough through tomorrow morning that you feel confident that an earlier appointment is not necessary.

I totally understand you sleeping on the floor with him. I spent several nights on a blanket on the floor when my little pot-bellied pig Sassy was sick. Been there many a night with Nadir too. It's like if you stay close enough you can protect them from the evil that is trying to take them from you.

Sending hugs and healing thoughts to you and Clark!

Sleeping on the floor or at least near enough to touch your wounded baby is just par for the course. That's love! :wub:

I'm chanting over here that the mass was B9, is now completely gone, and many happy years remain to you both.

:bighug :bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

How is Clark today??

By the way, I firmly believe that you will sleep better on the hardest of floors when you are able to be sure that your baby is OK then you ever could in the fanciest of beds if you can't touch him to be sure he's OK. Yup....we all understand.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest LokisMom

Clark is both better and worse. He got his leg stuck in his bandage so we got to make an evet trip last night. The vet there re-did his bandage and he is standing on his own now. Yay!!!!

However, standing and walking now means he wants to do things he shouldn't be doing just yet like trying to jump on my bed! He requires constant supervision to keep him from doing silly things and hurting himself. I'd much rather see him trying to be "normal" though than just laying there. The recovery from the surgery is looking up.

Now we're just waiting for the test results. I am praying even if it is cancer that the vet got it all. I need a few more years with my boy. I'm not ready to give him up yet. (The Xan chant should help, I hear those work like magic)

It never ceases to amaze me every time I read that a dog is trying to get up and jump on beds, etc., just days after an amputation! Awesome! So glad to hear Clark is doing so well already! I'm sure you have some long days and nights ahead, but what a great start. (*ahem* Besides the e-vet trip!)

BTW, my chants work best when everyone joins in! ;)

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

Guest LokisMom

Just got a call from the vet. I dropped Clark off this morning for a bandage change. The vet said he is doing so well they are leaving of the bandage! And unless it swells or tears they don't want to see him back until Monday to get stitches out!! :yay

Thank you all for the prayers. Looks like they worked. Still no lab results though :(

just seeing this now! glad to hear he is doing better. :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

That's awesome! So fast!! :D

Still chanting for good test results!

** Clark, to pass this test, all you have to do is not have cancer! Easy-peasy! NOT doing something is so much easier than DOing something, right? :bounce Clark, to pass this test, all you have to do is not have cancer! Easy-peasy! NOT doing something is so much easier than DOing something, right? :bounce Clark, to pass this test, all you have to do is not have cancer! Easy-peasy! NOT doing something is so much easier than DOing something, right? :bounce Clark, to pass this test, all you have to do is not have cancer! Easy-peasy! NOT doing something is so much easier than DOing something, right? :bounce **

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg