Guinness Is Gone

Guest dragontearz

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dragontearz

Thanks everyone for your sympathies-it's barely been 24 hours and I'm JUST now not going into gasping/sobbing episodes every couple minutes and crying a river.

I know I did the right thing for him, but a little selfish part isn't so sure-he was chattering at me and pawing the back of my arm as I drove, which was his "I love you, now pet and scratch me" signature move..I know letting him drag on with it so I could put off letting go would have been wrong of me, but he didn't act like he was in pain at all really, just wasn't eating or drinking. I had the option of giving him pain pills so he could make it through the weekend so I could "give him his favorite foods and love on him and say my goodbyes" according to the vet, but I gave him all my love every day i had him, there was no way I could give him more love than I had in the six years prior.

He knew he was loved, and the nudges under my arm and with his paw in the car to keep petting him on the final ride was him showing me he loved me too. When he was placed on the table, he didn't shake or tremble or try to get off the table like he did every single vet visit he had ever been on, he just laid there and looked at me-I think he knew and had made his peace with it.

Once again, thank you all, I type this with a heavy heart, but a grateful one at the same time.

:gh_run2:heart:gh_run2

I know how difficult it is to wrap your mind around such an awesome loss. It was just too fast, and that emptiness seems even greater. His presence was huge in your lives, as was the love you shared. Guinness sounds like a truly wonderful dog.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious boy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I hope he sends you a sign soon that he is ok now. :grouphug

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

I am so sorry for the sudden loss of your boy Guiness. It sounds like you both lived life to the fullest.

Run free Guiness, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

What a lovely tribute for a beautiful soul. I am so very sorry.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so sorry for your loss. Guinness was a lucky boy to be so loved. Godspeed Guinness! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I am just now seeing this and am so sorry to read that Guinness is gone. I remember when you and he first his the boards, your funny stories about him, and most of all how much you loved him. Guinness knows, too :)

I also remember your beautiful art, one of in particular. :)

Godspeed Guinness, you beautiful boy.....

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

Guest dragontearz

Two weeks and two days, puppy...I finally threw your bed away (I was getting ready to replace it when you got sick anyways) as it was ripped, lumpy, and getting pathetic looking...Your ashes are with me and mom every day wherever we go, and next weekend we are going to visit a bounce-back to see if he wants to share our home, and I think you'd approve-he's 90 pounds to the 60 you were, but he sounds like your kinda dog: goofy, nice, and polite.

I couldn't throw your collars away, and no matter the next greyhound to grace our lives, I can't use them again, or your stuffed turtle and giraffe.-they still smell like you, so I put them all around your urn like a wrapping, one by one.

I'm starting to finally smile when I think about you instead of cry, but I still get tears in my eyes, though I smile when they come now :)

:gh_run2:gh_face:gh_run2

Edited by dragontearz

Guest jade1046

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Guinness. I know what you mean about the collars and stuffies - I have my angel Felicia's next to her ashes too. Godspeed sweet boy - no more pain. :gh_run2:f_red