Pray For Onyx - Going To The Vets

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Mary Pat, I'm just now seeing this. I wish there was something I could do for you and Onyx, but please know you're both in my thoughts and prayers. Many hugs and hopes for improvement.

@#&*$%#@*!! FRIKIN FRAKIN!!

How the heck can I reconcile myself to Onyx going to the Bridge when she turns around and pulls this stunt at lunchtime?!!

She started using her legs and taking steps instead of me holding her back end up. She trips up when her legs cross and she doesn't have the strength to uncross them. (which is every other step) But I was just supporting her and made her walk. We did about 1/2 hr of that. Only twice did I resort back to carrying her, once because she needed to get to her spot to poo and the other because she wanted to run. Yup....RUN. I have a path that is finally down to grass. No ice and she ran the entire path back to the house. But I had to hold up her back end for that. Even from the back though I could see her smiling.

How the HE77 can I send someone like that to the Bridge.

I'm going to need a straight jacket in a padded room by the time she's finished toying with my emotions.

My eyes are leaking & my heart is breaking for you.

I sent my 14 yo Kenton to the bridge 2 years ago. She had hip displasia from a young age, but a strong heart & will to live.

When I let her go, she couldn't lift her rear end at all. But how do you sent them off to the bridge when they're whapping

their tail & smiling at everyone? It was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life & it took me 1/2 hour in the parking lot

to get it together enough to drive home.

Prayers for Onyx & for you.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Mary Pat,

My heart is breaking for you. It sounds like Onyx's spirit is willing but her body is not co-operating. It is a very very difficult decision to make and having been there, it is brutally hard. It's never easy but having a pup that has a strong spirit but how's body is failing, makes it that more difficult. I hope whatever decision you make, you have some good quality time with Onyx.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I hope she improves. How awful for you. When we sent Sadie to the bridge her back end didn't work well anymore, but she also was not the same dog anymore. Her spirit was gone, her eyes were distant and she was staring and waiting for something- I think she was waiting to go to the bridge and we just moved things along a little bit quicker for her. But with Onyx she is making this very hard for you and I'm very sorry. Again, I hope she improves and you're not put in the position of making a decision for a long time. Strength to both of you.

finalsiggy.jpg

My friend convinced (pushed) me to taking an overnight to go xcountry skiing. I foolishly thought that if she was beginning to use her legs that the hospital staff would be able to work with her.

I dropped her off Wed morning and picked her up last night. They brought her out dragging her back legs. Thank goodness I had them wrapped or she'd had no skin left on the top of her feet. All improvements she had shown on Tuesday is gone.

I'm spending the weekend with her since it's a long weekend, but I'm sure that MOnday or Wed she'll be going to the Bridge. Monday if she's so bad that she can't wait, then I have to bring her to the vets. Wed is the first time the vet can come out. (I'd prefer this)

I should never have gone away. She was way too frail. She needed her Momma and her own bed.

:(

I'm sorry she isn't better. Sending gentle scritchies to her, sweet thing, and hugs to her sad momma.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I hope you find peace in each moment that you spend together this weekend......Onyx is blessed to be so loved.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Godspeed, precious.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.