Jersey (M's Jersey Miler) Aka Bubba

Guest boondog

Guest boondog

We lost Jersey unexpectedly to a cancerous tumor on his spleen. It all still seems like a bad dream. He was only sick for one day and then he was gone.

Jersey came to us in September of 2008 as an owner surrender. He was originally placed by a group in the northeast but his family had moved to Ohio. They had him for about seven years, but he had bitten their four-year-old son (no one saw it happen) and soon after he bit their other grey in the back leg when they were boarded together in an unfamiliar run. No other group would take him so his owners contacted us because they didn't want to put him down. Dan and I took him as a second foster because we were the only available cat-free home. The intention was to GUR him back to his original group. It didn't take long for us to figure out that he was home. Jersey was considered very hard to place because of his biting history, his desire to snack on small animals, and his extreme thunderphobia. We couldn't bear the thought of him making the trip and possibly living out his life in a kennel.

We never had any problems with Jersey being aggressive towards us or anyone else. We even managed to get his thunderphobia to a manageable level. Maybe he just knew everything was okay with us. He was an absolute love bug and professional cuddler. I keep expecting to see him in the house. I can't believe he's really gone. Friday is still a blur. I have to thank my vet and the vets at OSU for their care and compassion. They made the hardest day of my life just a little bit easier.

Daddy and I love you, Bubba. There's all the canned pumpkin you can eat at the bridge. We'll see you again.

Jersey2.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my heart dog last spring to exactly the same thing, although I got TWO days. I know exactly how you feel! -- the sudden loss with the splenic tumors is heart-wrenching. Comfort yourself with the thought that it wasn't a long, dragged out illness, that's what I do.

:f_red

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

I am so sorry. I also lost my heart dog of the same d*** thing just over a year ago. The suddeness makes it all that much harder to accept.

:bighug

:f_white

Edited by Lakota

Guest PhillyPups

I am so very sorry for your loss of your sweet Jersey ~ they seem to know when they are home. I know the empty feeling ~ :bighug

Run with the angels sweet Jersey, you are with the very very best ~

I'm sorry for your sudden loss. It sounds like you and Jersey were dreams come true for each other.

Godspeed, sweet boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

How sad...I'm so sorry

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 I'm glad he was able to spend his final years with you.

Godspeed Jersey.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)