Lincoln

Dad2Paisley

With very sad heart last night we had to let Lincoln go to the bridge. His Mommy and Daddy were at his side as he went. Lincoln is now free of all pain.

We did all we could for our sweet boy, but God wanted him.

I am sure Lincoln is running and playing at the Bridge. I am sure he is with Zeus and our Annie playing.

We are glad we had you these great 5 years. You went with us many places, traveled many miles with us. You went to Florida, Dewey, Gettysburg,New Jersey, Ohio and many more. You got to go with us to all our greyhound events. You got to meet lots of other greyhounds, many thousands of people, got lots of hugs and loving from them and from us.

We will remember all the great times we had together. You will never be

forgotten.

Run free Lincoln, until we meet again. We love you so much. I am sure you will be watching us from above.

IMG_6895.jpg

d2psig.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom and Trish - I am so very, very sad to hear about Lincoln. We adopted his momma, Get Around Sue last year and his half-sister, Yahoo Miami, retired from racing and joined our crew three weeks ago. I am so sad we never got to meet Lincoln.

I am heartbroken for you. Please accept my deepest sympathies.

I just have to mention - seeing this picture you posted of Lincoln - he has the same floppy ears that Yahoo Miami has. Thank you for giving him such a wonderful life. I know that he was loved very much. :grouphug

Tom and Trish, my heart goes out to you. I know that no one could love a dog more.

Godspeed, sweet boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh no, I am so sorry. He was very handsome boy.

Run free Lincoln, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so sorry.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

My heart sank to see Lincoln's name here. You and he fought hard. He had a wonderful life with you, and that's what matters most.

:grouphug:f_red:grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Tom and Trish, I'm so sorry. I was so hoping for a positive outcome flowers_red.gif

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm so sorry Tom and Trish. I know how much you love your sweet little boy. Godspeed Lincoln.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee