Prayers For Lincoln

As I mentioned in the other thread babesia reproduces itself cyclicly so the transfusion, as others have pointed out, will only do so good for so long if that is the cause. Babesiosis is very serious. It takes a high percentage of the lives of those who contract it in Europe, it took one GTer's husband and I thought it would take my father. Please discuss the various ways to test for it, the complexities introduced by the transfusion, and the various antibiotics available to treat it (if that is the diagnosis) and their effectiveness. Some are more effective but significantly more expensive.

I hope you get to the bottom of this soon.

finalsiggy.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending prayers and positive energy for Lincoln. OSU is amazing - I have been there a couple times and I am so thankful I only live 2 hours away.

Just curious - how old is Lincoln? My broodie, Suze, has a pup named Lincoln. I think he would be about 5 years old.

Was your Suze's racing name Get Around Sue? If so Lincoln says Hi MOM :wave

DUH I just saw your sig. Yep, Lincoln is he boy. His dad and 2 other sibling were place through our group but I havn't kept in tough with any except his dad

Trish - oh my gosh. It was the mention of "Lincoln" in your thread title that got me to start reading. It's not the most common greyhound name. :colgate

Momma Suze (yes, Get Around Sue) says "hi" baby boy. Trish, I have met two of his other littermates who live with a woman in the NY fingerlakes region - we had a little reunion at Grapehounds this past summer (Nimby Rock N Roll and Nimby Bishop). I just recently adopted one of Suze's pups from a different litter than Lincoln - Yahoo Miami will be 4 in about a week.

Please keep us posted on Lincoln. I would love to see some recent pics. I have seen his puppy pics on greyhound-data.com and he looks adorable. How did you come to adopt him when he was so young? Momma Suze turned 8 in October and she is doing great. Sure hope the vet can figure out what is going on with Lincoln. Sending more prayers your way. :getwell

Continued prayers...

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Sending prayers out to Lincoln. I think it's an excellent sign that he found his Mom here. How neat is that?

And yes, Bear is a VERY good brother!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Sending prayers out to Lincoln. I think it's an excellent sign that he found his Mom here. How neat is that?

And yes, Bear is a VERY good brother!

Agreed - I am so happy about that! Can't wait to see some new pics of Lincoln - feel better little man!

Guest TBSFlame

Sending prayers and positive energy for Lincoln. OSU is amazing - I have been there a couple times and I am so thankful I only live 2 hours away.

Just curious - how old is Lincoln? My broodie, Suze, has a pup named Lincoln. I think he would be about 5 years old.

Was your Suze's racing name Get Around Sue? If so Lincoln says Hi MOM :wave

DUH I just saw your sig. Yep, Lincoln is he boy. His dad and 2 other sibling were place through our group but I havn't kept in tough with any except his dad

How sweet you found his mommy. I know you are worried about him. Lots of healing thoughts for your boy.

Good thoughts for Lincoln! I hope he improves and will keep you both in our thoughts during this difficult time.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Trish- I am keeping you and Linclon in my thoughts and prayers

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Lincoln is doing pretty good. He decided he WANTED to eat this morning and ate all of his breakfast without me hand feeding it to him :yay His gums are still pale but getting a little better each time I check. As long as we have forward progress I'm happy. I have a call into the vet to ask about adding some Vitamins and milk thistle to the mix. I'm pretty sure neither with interfere with his other meds but want to make sure. He's peeing more but I expected that with the pred. He lets me know when he has to go out and if we're not home he knows he can use the pee pads. Pee accidents are the least of my worries. Nothing the steam cleaner can't take care of. I'm seeing little pieces of the old Lincoln coming through. He's back to meeting us at the door with a toy in his mouth. :wub: Keep the prayers coming. And I'll post some recent pictures of Lincoln over in EG for his mom to see. :D

Trish, Thorpe, Thorton, Solstice and Remy
Come see us at Milkys Greyt Goodies Fleece coats, cool-down coats, pajamas and Scrunchies for the well dressed greyhound

Lincoln is doing pretty good. He decided he WANTED to eat this morning and ate all of his breakfast without me hand feeding it to him :yay His gums are still pale but getting a little better each time I check. As long as we have forward progress I'm happy. I have a call into the vet to ask about adding some Vitamins and milk thistle to the mix. I'm pretty sure neither with interfere with his other meds but want to make sure. He's peeing more but I expected that with the pred. He lets me know when he has to go out and if we're not home he knows he can use the pee pads. Pee accidents are the least of my worries. Nothing the steam cleaner can't take care of. I'm seeing little pieces of the old Lincoln coming through. He's back to meeting us at the door with a toy in his mouth. :wub: Keep the prayers coming. And I'll post some recent pictures of Lincoln over in EG for his mom to see. :D

That's a good update Trish - so glad to see this. I hope he has turned the corner. And I'll be looking for the pics over on the EG forum. Can't wait to see him. He looked pretty darn adorable in those puppy pics! :colgate

Great news. continued prayers.....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Lincoln had to have another transfusion over the weekend and is still at the vets. They are hoping he just needed the extra time to start making more red blood cells so we can get ahead of this. It was hard knowing he was not doing eral well over the weekend and Tom and I were out of town but we visited him last night when we picked up the other dogs from boarding. We got him to eat about half a can of food and some dry kibble if we fed it to him by hand. They'll do more blood work today and see if his numbers are improving or at last staying the same. I think Tom and I are both nervous wrecks but we deal with things differently. I have to prepare myself for the worst possible case and hope for the best and he only thinks about the best case.

I'm post teh pictures of Lincoln over in EG today. Had to come home early from work on Friday because my Aunt fell and never got a chance to post them at work. She's ok but it made for a stressful Friday. :unsure

Trish, Thorpe, Thorton, Solstice and Remy
Come see us at Milkys Greyt Goodies Fleece coats, cool-down coats, pajamas and Scrunchies for the well dressed greyhound

Continued prayers for your boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.