Not Encouraging News

Guest NahlaGreys2

Guest NahlaGreys2

So I just called the vet to check up on Annie, where I dropped her off at the ER vet early this morning on the way into work, she's actively bleeding from her vulva again (TCC). The news isn't encouraging. Doc is going to get a urine sample & culture to rule out a secondary UTI infection. We may try a broad spectrum antibiotic in addition to her Piroxicam (6mg daily). I inquired if increasing the dosage/frequency was an option and was told no, as it can be so damaging to the GI tract. I'm fearful I'll be making a decision within the week because yesterday her quality of life was definitely in question. If she's up and about, she's squatting multiple times to get some kind of relief and pink tinges reappeared in recent days. I'm not ready to let her go but letting her go on indefinitely when she can't urinate properly isn't what I want for her.

Guest NahlaGreys2

Still waiting to hear back the results on if she has a secondary UTI. If the answer is negative - I'll be making an appointment this afternoon. I just have a hard time believing that if the medication wasn't drastically improving things last week - another week isn't going to show different results. Really wishing my gut feeling this morning that she wouldn't be returning home with me was wrong.

With you in spirit. I'm so sorry you and your girl are going through this.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry this is happening. Will keep you, Annie and Kota tucked tightly in my prayers. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest NahlaGreys2

I want to thank everyone for their kind words ... I walked Annie to the rainbow bridge this afternoon. I owed her that much to let her run free before she truly began to suffer. I will miss her but in my heart of hearts I know it was the best thing for her.

Edited by NahlaGreys2

:bighug

I lost my heart dog one year ago tomorrow.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Many many hugs.

Your girl was so lucky to have you, who looked out for her best interest no matter the toll on yourself.

Godspeed, precious girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I was just checking in to see how the day went. I am so sad and sorry to read this.

You were her best friend, and did the best you could for her. If there is any comfort, keep in mind that Annie is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

So sorry for your loss.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.