Rest In Peace E's Simpson

Hubcitypam

About 2 hours ago I got a call from all breed rescue that an adoptor saw a greyhound get hit by a car in far North Dallas. Beth (Kamsmom) who lives very near was ready to go get the dog when a couple in a Porsche pulled over and said they would take the dog to the e-vet and pay any bills.

Sadly, when E's Simpson arrived at the vet both his front legs were shattered beyond repair and he has gone to the bridge. :cry1:weep

He had tags from the Mobile (AL) Emergency Animal Clinic as well as a disconnected Alabama # on another tag. His tattoos were 42C 11609.

Animal Alert has asked the vet to not send him to cremation in hope that we can find the owner..... Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

:cry1:f_red

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

i can't go to sleep crying over this poor guy. It was so horrible. Maleska had me and the people that were standing over him on the highway on the phone at once. I was scrambling to think who could help and thought of Beth who was so much closer than me. Beth said "i'll go now, even if it isn't a grey" :kiss2 Then the people in the Porsche pulled up like angels from above and swept him away.

Maybe things will be clearer in the daylight and we can find his people. So sorry sweet boy but many thanks to the kindness of strangers for getting him out as the police were there and had called animal control to get him..

A terrible thing to have to deal with..no doubt, but I look at it this way: God put you, Maleska, Beth and the red Porsche couple in the right place at the right time so that baby would not have to die alone or un-mourned. If it had to happen, it is a dubious blessing that he wasn't just left cold and in pain on the side of the road. I know that didn't help but thanks for being there for him.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

What a tragedy. Thank god you and others were there to help.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

RIP "Simpson" :(

Pam - I know how much this disheartened you last night. I'm so sad that he got so hurt. I was ready to run up and get him right away. We weren't sure if he was a grey or not as the people that initially stopped weren't positive but either way it was a dog, someone's pet, that needed help. The next person to stop was an angel to just take the lead and run him to the vet. I was only about 5 minutes away but they already had him loaded up and on the way. Hopefully his owner will be found so that they may have closure. But this was a perfect reminder to check your own pets tags. Be sure that the phone numbers on the tags are in working order, be sure that there is an address or at least a city to find you in.

:grouphug to you Pam and all that you do.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

OMG. That was the hardest thing I've ever done. I called the vet and the owner had notified them. They asked that I call Kevin the owner and tell him.

He said "what do I do?" :cry1 I told him the vet could take care of the body for him or send it off to cremation. He was pretty shaken up but I was crying.

Quite often the owners listed on greyhound-data are the breeder/owners and not the adoptive owners. Poor boy...I'm glad someone was with him

RIP E's Simpson. I'm assuming Bill A Elliot (owner listed on greyhound data) has been contacted?

Edited by larock

RIP E's Simpson. I'm assuming Bill A Elliot (owner listed on greyhound data) has been contacted?

OK. I called the NGA, got a number and left a message for Mr. Elliott asking if he had a idea what group might have placed the dog and to let him know it is dead just so I don't look like a slacker in your eyes. But I can tell you from experience it would be a very very rare NGA owner that would lose sleep over a dog that ran 8 races five years ago. Anything else I can do to fulfill your expectations?