Jake's Butt Is Hamburger, And My Nerves Are Shot.

Wow and ow!!! I am guessing it's the frozen ground that caused that? With the sudden freeze we have had, the ground is awfully hard. I hope you're able to keep Jake comfortable Janet as that does look painful.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest TeddysMom

Thinking about Jake this morning and sending healing thoughts. Poor boy has probably really started to hurt. I hope whatever your able to give him for pain is giving him some relief.

Ditto this. Just hoping you can make him comfortable.

Guest bigbrindlebunny

Wow, you're going to have to get Jake some Harley-Davidson wear to go with his road rash.

I'm sorry this happened Janet. You're right, it's a mess and it'll be hard to keep him clean and comfy.

Sorry, I didn't get back to let you know how he's doing. 10 minutes before Jake hurt himeslf, Cathie let me know that Grandy's baby Tohr had passed away. Since then we have also lost Wellsie. Grandy's family is now down to only two boys. Please keep her and her babes in your prayers that whatever took the others is done.

Jake is good. He really has surprised me with how well he has recovered. He is play bowing and wagging his tail both good indicators of how he is feeling. Those of you who have followed him and his mysterious leg swellings over the past 2 1/2 years will understand how concerned I was that this tumble would trigger another episode.

His butt is looking pretty good with the exception of one spot about 2 1/2" accross surrounding a nickel sized hole. I immediately put him on cephalexin and my wonderful vet Miki gave me a script for a weeks worth. I didn't even have to take him in. :colgate His one back hock needed to be bandaged today as it was bleeding a bit. Other than that he is scraped and bruised but amazingly intact. The fact we didn't see any swelling this time is a good indicator that the second treatment of doxy may have worked.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Way to go Jake!!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest vahoundlover

ohmygosh,poor fella! Sending Jake lots of healing thoughts. :grouphug

I'm sorry to hear about Grandy's babies. :(

Edited by vahoundlover

Best wishes for Jake's continued recovery!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.