William & Scarlett

Guest Tes623

They both have cancer. :weep William's is either in his intestine or stomach. It would cost between $1000-$2000 to find out for sure for a scope and the vet said it would only show us where exactly it was at but there would be no definte treatment for it. He's 13. Scarlett is 11 and has osteo in her rear leg just below her knee.The vet didn't recommend amputation since it is so aggressive. She started limping about 2 months ago and we thought it was a pulled muscle but just last week I noticed a growth on her leg and had it x-rayed on Wednesday and got the bad news. :weep They are both on pain meds and other stuff to keep them comfortable. William, my big black boy is down to 55 pounds though he is still eating. Scarlett, you'd never know she was sick. :wub: The vet said they would come to the house when it's time. This sucks. Kiss and hug your babies and please send white light to mine. Thanks.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my. I'm so sorry! Many many gentle skreetches and warm hugs coming.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

I am so sorry to read this diagnosis for your greys. This must be so devastating for you. I hope you have many more good days with your dogs.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

OMG OMG OMG. There are no words. Sending loads of prayers and strength for you. I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Thank you all so much. I'm just scared I won't know when it's time for either of them. They aren't showing any signs of pain but William is just soooo skinny. We took all dogs to get their nail clipped today but left William at home because we didn't think he needed the stress of having his clipped :(

My heart goes out to you. :cry1 Hoping you have MUCH more quality time with your sweeties. :hope Sending lots of light and prayers, and will go hug my hounds now, too. :candle

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm so very sorry.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

i am so sorry to read your sad news. we will be thinking about all of you. enjoy every minute that you have with those babies of yours.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan