Every day with you was a gift and I am glad you don't hurt anymore

I try to imagine you running and smiling with Zoom

I can just see the two of you being crazed together

It brings me comfort to think of the two of you together

Even though you never met on Earth

When I am sad I try to think of the silly things you did

Like in the middle of grandma and grandpa's party

You decided you weren't getting the attention you deserved

So you jumped up on the dining room table all perfectly set like you belonged there

And the time you grabbed that porcupine

Way deep in the woods on a hike

And threw it into daddy's leg, so you both had quills together

I never saw a vet laugh so hard

But really it's the day-to-day things I miss the most

Scratching your ears and kissing your face, playing games and giving you treats

Laying on the floor with you holding your paw and rubbing your tummy while listening to your groans of contentment

Our bedtime routine and the silly games we would play… I even miss your constant licking that used to drive me crazy

Some day we will be together again baby

Please take good care of yourself and your sister

And always remember how much I love you

My love for you still grows every day my precious baby boy.

:wub::kiss2

Edited by tammara

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your post is a tribute to love shared.

Hugs to you as you remember your sweet boy.

Rest well, Bear.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I could hardly make it through his beautiful tribute and pictures as I was sobbing. What a greyt spoiled rotten life he had with you.......and good for you for spoiling him rotten. Once I got through my tears I certainly enjoyed reading his life story. Godspeed Bear and may the wind always be at your back you handsome boy!

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Guest BlackandBrindle

When I read Bear's name at the top of the forum today it struck me just as hard as the day you originally posted.

Your baby boy was beautiful and hasn't been forgotten. :grouphug

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing so much of your Bear with us. He must have had a very old soul - what wonderful memories he's left you. Godspeed Bear! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Here's to one year of losing a precious friend. He was an incredible pup.

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Beautiful tribute to your much loved Bear. :gh_run

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I am so very sorry! :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

It's an amazing and wonderful thing how deeply these hounds touch our lives.

:f_white

Bear, your light still shines brightly on us.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

• 1 year later...

:wub:

Hugs to you as you remember your darling boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Bear. What a beautiful tribute to a much-loved boy.

Rest in peace, Sweetie. :heart:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

You never forget them. Bear was a very special boy.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.