Fwacc 28: A Virtual Memorial

mangos_mom

Welcome, Friends,

We are here today to honor the memory of Braden, Rachael, Martin, and Pudge, four innocents who left us just when we were able to offer them the best of their lives.

Remember them by the glimpses of happiness they showed us: Braden sitting up, ears perked, looking around him in interest at the people working to help him; Rachael playing "hide and seek", something we learned was a signature gesture for her; Martin discovering toys and proudly parading "his" donut for us; Pudge looking into the camera each time, looking unbearably sweet each time.

In spite of the horrors they lived through, each and every one of their souls left knowing kindness, gentle touches, and soft words. They were, to steal a phrase from Beth Wade's jewelry, each of them "Loved One".

Let their legacy be the discovery that we can come together, in a moment, as a united community, in support and love for the ones who need us most. No matter our personal beliefs, our individual means, the distance that physically separates us, we are One, in that moment in time that another needs us.

I will not presume to offer you prayers here. You each have your own prayers for times such as these. I offer only the memories and the gratitude for the support of these and all the hounds who need us day in and day out.

Hug your hounds, hug your loved ones, live each day with honor and respect and joy for all living things whether they are human or animal. Let others learn from our example and perhaps someday, losses such as those we remember today, will be but a memory.

Braden, I ring this bell for you. Spread your wings and fly, Sweet One. Our love supports you.

Rachael, I ring this bell for you. Spread your wings and fly, Sweet One. Our love supports you.

Martin, I ring this bell for you. Spread your wings and fly, Sweet One. Our love supports you.

Pudge, I ring this bell for you. Spread your wings and fly, Sweet One. Our love supports you.

Edited by mangos_mom

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Braden, Rachel, Martin and Pudge, you are all in our thoughts. I wish we could have seen you become well, blossom and find your forever homes. flowers_white.gif

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

we pray the prayer of st. francis in honor of rachael, pudge, martin, and braden. you will never be forgotten. never ever.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;

where there is injury,pardon;

where there is doubt, faith;

where there is despair, hope;

where there is darkness, light;

and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek

to be consoled as to console;

to be understood as to understand;

to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;

it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;

and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

May your Spirit be remembered forever

The Spirit Of A Greyhound

I was standing on a hillside in a field of blowing wheat,

and the spirit of a Greyhound was lying at my feet.

He looked at me with kind dark eyes, ancient wisdom shining through.

in the essence of his being, I saw the love there too.

His mind did lock upon my heart as I stood there on that day,

and he told me of this story about a place so far away.

As I stood upon that hillside in a field of blowing wheat,

in a twinkling of a second his spirit left my feet.

His tale did put my heart at ease, all my fears did fade away

about what lay ahead of me on another distant day.

"I live among God's creatures now in the heavens of your mind,

so do not grieve for me, my friend as I am with my kind.

My collar is a rainbow's hue, my leash a shooting star.

my boundaries are the Milky Way where I sparkle from afar.

There are no pens or kennels here for I am not confined,

but I'm free to roam God's heavens among the Greyhound kind.

I nap the day on a snowy cloud gentle breezes rocking me,

and dream the dreams of earthlings, and how it used to be.

The trees are full of liver treats, and tennis balls abound,

and milk bones line the walkways just waiting to be found.

There even is a ring set up, the grass all lush and green;

and everyone who gaits around becomes the Best of Breed.

For we're all winners in this place; we have no faults, you see.

and God passes out those ribbons to each one, even me.

I drink from waters laced with gold, my world a beauty to behold;

and wise old dogs do form my pride to amble at my very side.

At night I sleep in angel's arms, her wings protecting me,

and moonbeams dance about us as stardust falls on thee.

So when your life on earth is spent and you stand at Heaven's gate,

have no fear of loneliness-- for here, you know, I wait."

-Author Unknown

Edited by 6greyhounds

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Guest Mom2Shiloh

Braden, Rachel, Martin, Pudge -- you were and are so loved. We all wish that you could have been healed in this world, and gone on to long lives as beloved companions --- you will never be forgotten in this world and the next. May I truly be the person that my hounds believe me to be and may I find more ways to help, with love, in your memory.

Edited by Mom2Shiloh

Guest greyt2love

Braden, Rachael, Martin and Pudge, even though you left us much too soon, you have left behind a legacy of love, and a determination to give all hounds a safe and loving home.

I wish you could have stayed, all of us were praying so hard for all of you, and the foster moms and families did so very much to help you. Their hearts were broken to lose you and you will live forever in their hearts, as you will in the memory of all of the rest of us who supported them in any way we were cabable of.

Guest PhillyPups

Beautiful Kate -

Braden - fly with the angels sweet boy - you have taught us forgiveness - you forgave humans -

Rachael - fly with the angels baby girl - you have taught us to take time to love - you loved hide and seek -

Martin - fly with the angels sweet boy - you have taught us to take time to play -

Pudge - fly with the angels sweet boy - you taught us to lnever give up -

Together you brought a most diverse community together to work together in love - the love you raced to the bridge on.

May you live forever in our hearts.

For whom the bell tolls - our angels ~

Pat

Guest greymama002

Run free sweet angels, Braden, Rachael, Martin, Pudge. We are all blessed to have come to know and love you. You will always be forever in our hearts.

Guest greybookends

Four precious candles gone out far to soon. May the flames of your memory stay lit in our hearts forever and keep a fire burning inside each of us to inspire us to make sure others get the chance to know the love you only knew briefly. You touched each of us so deeply in the short time we knew you. Run free dear ones. Run free.

Lori

Guest greyt2love

j0303525.gif

May God, who heals the sick, defends the vulnerable, cares for the poor, and liberates all creation from suffering and injustice, bring us all to that peaceable kingdom when all creatures shall live in harmony and all suffering shall be transformed into joy. Amen.

SO02050_.gif

Guest Javasmom

Rachael, Pudge, Martin and Bradon...

I hope I have half of the strength and forgiveness that you sweet pups did. Those of us who actually got to know you are fortunate to be touched by YOUR lives. Those of us who got to virtually know you are also fortunate, for now we know what forgiveness truly means. You will always be remembered, loved and missed. Your sweet faces are forever burned in my mind.

Rest well sweeties, I love you! :angel :angel :angel :angel

Edited by Javasmom

Guest VaGreymom

Each of you have left your footprints on our heart in the very short time you were with us. Run free sweet ones, gone but never forgotten.

ghrun.gifangelwings.gif

ghrun.gifangelwings.gif

ghrun.gifangelwings.gif

ghrun.gifangelwings.gif

Braden, Rachael, Martin and Pudge, for all you have taught us and for so enriching our lives, thank you. heart.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I believe that there is a reason for everything, every life has a purpose.

Braeden, Martin, Rachael, Pudge you came into our lives and changed them irrevocably, you will never be forgotten.

You brought a community together to do good things. I thank you for that.

You reminded us that life is short and we should embrace each day to the fullest.

Godspeed babies, go dance with the stars.

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I am sorry to be joining late. I have 5 candles lit in honour of Braden, Martin, Rachael, Pudge, and for the hounds who have gone before them unfound, and those who may still be out there.

The loss of these hounds is something that, like most, I have struggled to come to terms with; it must be so much harder for the foster parents, my heart has gone out to you over and over.

There is comfort in knowing these 4 special hounds were in loving care in their last days, and left this earth with a taste of what unconditional love is - a preparation for all that is theirs now.

As I am so late I wanted to join in as soon as possible, but will now go back and read this very special thread from its start.

Edited by Rickiesmom