Houdini Is At The Vet

Guest BooBooMama

Guest BooBooMama

Hi All,

Since BooBoo died I have been freaked out about cancer. I took the news of her cancer worse than my own cancer issues. So when my little foster girl Houdini started limping on and off I couldn't help but let my mind jump to the dark place.

Since she just came off the track and was hauled from FL to WI the game plan was to wait three weeks before we anesthetize her for an x-ray. Today is the day. She will be spayed, x-rayed and have her dental- all in one day! I am a wreck. I just dropped her off and am worried about everything- how will she take the anesthesia?; how will she do after the surgery?; what will the x-rays show?; how many teeth will she loose?

I keep telling myself that I am just a nervous nut, but a few prayers and good thoughts would really help.

Prayers that all is o.k. and goes well.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

goodluck.gifclover.gifcandle.gifhope.gifbighug.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest BooBooMama

Tons of prayers for Dini coming right up!

Just 1 more hour and I will be able to call to see how she is doing!

sending many, many prayers for your girl!!! :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest BooBooMama

UPDATE:

I did not speak to the doctor but a vet tech called and told me the results so here is the scoop on Houdini:

Houdini came through her spay OK and is sitting up. She should be able to come home tomorrow morning.

There was some blood in her stool this weekend so they did another fecal and found hook worm. They will send her home with meds.

They did the x-rays but she could not tell me anything- I need to speak to the doctor to find out what they found. :unsure

She lost 9 of her premolars! There is a lot of gum recession on some of her canines so I will have to keep a close watch on her. (The poor baby.)

Thanks for all of your kind wishes! I will keep you informed when I know more.

She will continue to stay in my prayers. I know how much of a wreck you were, so take a breath my friend, it will be good results

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless