Guest Adrianne

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding mine for sweet Larry! :candle:hope

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I hope Larry has a comfortable night and feels better in the morning.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest bigbrindlebunny

You were not dumb for thinking Wibur's break was just a break. You're a Mom who loves her fur kids.

C'mon Larry, quit messin' around. We're sending you good vibrations from Maryland.

Thinking about you and your precious boy, and hoping that he is okay.

He has captured our hearts!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest Adrianne

I'm sorry to be away from this thread so long and not give an update; we drove to Alabama today to visit with my dad and his wife and deliver food.

Larry still seems stiff on that leg, but I honestly have to look very closely to detect the limp today. He was extremely happy to see us when we got home, and he's sleeping peacefully right now.

I think I will still take him to the vet this week for another checkup and xrays. If it is "just" arthritis, that will be wonderful, but I would like to know how bad the arthritis is.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and good thoughts. Larry has such a sweet, gentle heart and spirit, and he deserves a good rest of his life.

Guest Energy11

I'm sorry to be away from this thread so long and not give an update; we drove to Alabama today to visit with my dad and his wife and deliver food.

Larry still seems stiff on that leg, but I honestly have to look very closely to detect the limp today. He was extremely happy to see us when we got home, and he's sleeping peacefully right now.

I think I will still take him to the vet this week for another checkup and xrays. If it is "just" arthritis, that will be wonderful, but I would like to know how bad the arthritis is.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and good thoughts. Larry has such a sweet, gentle heart and spirit, and he deserves a good rest of his life.

Good idea taking him to the vet, to give you and he, peace of mind. If it is "just" arthritis, Dasequin is AN AMAZING supplement!!! It REALLY helped Goldie, and yes, it is expensive, but not bad online, compared to the vet.

Good Luck and give Larry a HUGE hug! Love, Dee

Guest Adrianne

Larry has an appointment tomorrow morning at 10:00 for a checkup and xrays. He fell down in the backyard today and couln't get back up. My hubby got him back on his feet. (For a while after that, Larry kept going up to Jamie and lightly touching him with his nose as if to say thank you--he has such a sweet spirit.)

This will be our first experience with xrays for Larry. There is a note in the vet records that he brought with him that xrays are very stressful for him. So, please more good thoughts for him.

Oh, Ollie is going with us to the vet for a checkup and yearly shots as well. I'm hoping her presence will be calming for Larry.

Guest Energy11

Sorry Larry fell, ... poor guy. I am sure having Ollie along will help. You COULD ask the vet for a light sedative, to make this all easier on Larry? Just a thought.

Sending more love and positive thoughts!

Sending more good thoughts for Larry. Was he running when he fell or did he trip over something?

Larry is such a sweet boy. I hope tomorrow is stress-free for him.

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

Prayers coming Larry's way that it is only a minor thing. Years ago Brandi was limping on front leg to the point where she could not go for walks. X-ray showed bone chip and Western vet wanted to do surgery. We got a second opinion from the holistic vet. He does prolo therapy www.getprolo.com. We did six sessions with the holistic vet, limp is gone and never came back. Maybe something to look into.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg