IMG_0921.jpgIMG_0739.jpg

More baldness:

IMG_0805.jpg

You could see every scar:

IMG_0734.jpg

After Melatonin...

Thick fur on his neck:

IMG_1521.jpgIMG_1511.jpg

I've had to let his tag collar out twice, I need to get him a new one as I can't make it any larger!

IMG_1520.jpg

Look Ma, you can't see my scars anymore!

IMG_1516.jpgIMG_1517.jpg

Furry thighs:

IMG_1519.jpgIMG_1518-1.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

Edited by ckruzan

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Wow, what a difference! How much and how often did you give it to him?

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Wow! Great results. Would you mind sharing the dosage? Are you going to give the melatonin to Carl for life? And, did you notice any undesireable side effects?

Carl, you are beeutimous with or without furs! :)

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

He gets 3mg an hour before I leave. He doesn't get it on the days that I plan to stay home and he didn't get it for the week that he was staying with Dana while I was on vacation. The only side-effect is that it really helps with his SA. He was on it when he had his blood drawn for his annual thyroid blood work and I'd asked for a super chem panel. His blood work was perfect and he'd been on it for about 3 months at that point. My vet has given it her blessing.

I use Nature's Bounty Melatonin and get it at Target.

Carl sez, I miss you, bro-man, Wayne!

Edited by ckruzan

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Same thing happened with my bare boy Josh. It took about 8 months I guess. Unfortunately it doesn't help what I originally gave it too him for but hey hairyness is good!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

I had the same results with a bald dog and it made Sophia and Monet grow thick, soft, plush coats, even on their bellies. Sophia's hair did not grow at ALL after her spay, and they had shaved way too far up, it was horrible. It grew in within a few weeks of melatonin. I am trying it on the Borzoi to see if it produces tons of coat. Boy wouldn't that kick ass!

ckruzan,

Does Carl have any trouble sleeping at night? Do you think it's messed up his sleep patterns at all?

Not at all. I am happy to report there has been no change to his sleep pattern. He sleeps soundly through the night, dreams like a crazy dog (as he always did) and is perky, well, as perky as Carl ever is. Claire is the perky one, she has had no change to her sleep pattern either, sleeps through the night and is very very very perky in the morning...and when I come home...and when it is time for a meal!

Connie, that's awesome!! :yay :yay :yay :yay He looks terrific :)

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Connie, that's awesome!! :yay :yay :yay :yay He looks terrific :)

Thanks, Kerry, I'm really shocked at how well it has worked. His coat is so shiny and thick, I never knew what the fur/markings under his neck looked like until now, it was just all pink flesh. I don't know what I'm going to do with him this summer, this boy's body always runs hot, I'm going to have to buy a kiddie pool for him to take a dip in!

Guest RocketDog

Wow, what amazing results! I might just have to try this for my two, who definitely match Carl's 'before' photos when it comes to pattern balding.

This is great. For a minute I swore you had gotten pictures of Bella - she's got about the same amount of baldness. She's been started on melatonin, too, so we'll see. (1) 3mg pill per day. I give it in the morning - the first time I gave it to her at night we couldn't get her to wake up and go potty and then had an anxious houndie at 4:45 the next morning! :lol

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

This is great. For a minute I swore you had gotten pictures of Bella - she's got about the same amount of baldness. She's been started on melatonin, too, so we'll see. (1) 3mg pill per day. I give it in the morning - the first time I gave it to her at night we couldn't get her to wake up and go potty and then had an anxious houndie at 4:45 the next morning! :lol

Wow, I just checked your blog, Bella is a cutie pie! She looks more like Carl than Carl's littermate, Claire, does! Their chest blaze almost matches, too! How long has she been on the melatonin? Please keep us posted on how she does with it.

Edited by ckruzan

Wow, that's amazing! Carl is a handsome boy - before and after. :)

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown