The Ramp Came Down

MP_the4pack

I didn't think it would hurt so much.

I dismantled Diamond's ramp yesterday. I didn't need it any more, she's been gone 2 weeks. It let the bugs onto the deck because I used a screen panel as the opening and was not really approved for building to begin with.

I threw it together the weekend before Dewey last Oct. Because we were going to OSU that weekend. I had a week to show her how to use her ramp. And she did it easily.

It was strong. Held up by 4x4s. Humans could walk on it. All I had to do was unscrew it from the house. I was going to keep it fully intact but up against the shed. You know. Just in case.

But I was alone and I just couldn't move it without manhandling it. The legs came off and I end up having to completely dismantle it. It's in a heap next to the shed now.

That's it.

No more reminders of my Diamond.

The bedroom's empty.

No 9:30 barking and helicopter tails for ice cream.

No three beat jog down the hallway.

No more food flicked all over the wall and her face and head.

My sweet quiet gem is totally gone.

I didn't think it would hurt so much.

I dismantled Diamond's ramp yesterday. I didn't need it any more, she's been gone 2 weeks. It let the bugs onto the deck because I used a screen panel as the opening and was not really approved for building to begin with.

I threw it together the weekend before Dewey last Oct. Because we were going to OSU that weekend. I had a week to show her how to use her ramp. And she did it easily.

It was strong. Held up by 4x4s. Humans could walk on it. All I had to do was unscrew it from the house. I was going to keep it fully intact but up against the shed. You know. Just in case.

But I was alone and I just couldn't move it without manhandling it. The legs came off and I end up having to completely dismantle it. It's in a heap next to the shed now.

That's it.

No more reminders of my Diamond.

The bedroom's empty.

No 9:30 barking and helicopter tails for ice cream.

No three beat jog down the hallway.

No more food flicked all over the wall and her face and head.

My sweet quiet gem is totally gone.

No she's not, she's still right there in your heart with every precious memory you have made with her.

Guest GentleHugs

I'm so sorry...... they sure leave an empty feeling in our hearts, don't they? sad1.gif

I'm in the process of building a permanent ramp for my old lady Ashley. She's 12 1/2 now and steps are no longer her friend. She keeps wanting to try and jump all 3 of my deck steps to get onto the deck like my 7 1/2 and my 8 1/2 yr olds do. She can walk down steps ok - it's just going up them now that poses a problem. I'd rather have all 3 of mine use a ramp. Steps are hard on them in later years. I hope this doesn't bring any more pain but do you have any pictures of the ramp you built? I'd love to see them.

bighug.gif

She is there in your heart, and spilling over every day into the love you have for her fellow greyhounds, in your knowledge of helicopter tails and of ice cream .....

Gentle hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest how888
:cry1 Just know I am there with you.. The house is so empty.. I can't stand it.. I keep believing that they are watching over us pain free... Always in our hearts.

Guest bigorangedog

I know exactly how you feel. We built our ramp for Tanner, who we lost to osteo last year. When he died, I couldn't bring myself to get rid of his ramp. Which (I guess) turned out to be a good thing, since we've had 4 other dogs with OS since then. I'm just leaving it up permanently, figuring we'll always have someone old enough or (unfortunately) sick enough to benefit from it. Right now Apollo uses it, even though he can pretty easily 3-leg it down those stairs, and our 14.5-yr-old Palu uses it too. Miss my little White dog careening down it though.

Oh, I know how you feel :weep It is so incredibly hard, but as everyone has told me, we just have to get through each moment, each day and eventually it will get easier. I thought I saw Riley out of the corner of my eye yesterday, where he always used to stand when I was getting ready in the mornings. So I turned to look and see if it was him, and then realized. I felt like I couldn't breathe it hurt so much. I am so sorry you are going through this also.

Edited by RileysMomma

Guest arlosmom

I am so sorry I know what you are feeling. I lost my Jewel suddenly on Saturday. I already miss all her toys all over the floor. I pray for healing thoughts to calm your heart and mind and give you peace. :grouphug

She is there in your heart, and spilling over every day into the love you have for her fellow greyhounds, in your knowledge of helicopter tails and of ice cream .....

Gentle hugs.

nod.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gif

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Gingergrey

Hugs to you. The absence of your precious grey is profound. It's a shock not having them around anymore.:bighug

I'm so sorry. grouphug.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

We are here for you and remember Diamond will always be with you.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

MP- I feel for you and understand, I really do. We had taken our master bed off it's frame so Polli could come on the bed. It stands at 33 inches from the ground. When we put it back together, it hit like a ton of bricks. :(

I am sorry.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest SkipperAnnie

My Annie's kennel is exactly where it has been for the last 11 years - even 90 days after she's gone. I can't move it or take it down yet. I'm sorry for your hurting heart. Hang on to the memories and smile when you do.

Guest MyBoys

Please know they are never gone but tucked away safely in our hearts forever. " Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" I read that somewhere and I try to put it to use with each of my bridge boys. Diamond brought so much joy to you when she was here, allow her to continue to do so in sprit, I am sure that is what she would want.