Goodbye Petey

Guest ImAKoala

Guest ImAKoala

We lost our Petey boy today. He was in to the vet yesterday with some vomiting and lethargy. Vet ran some tests, gave IV fluids and did an abdomen exray. There was nothing glaring and he seemed stable so they had us take him home to await the blood work. Over night he seemed to get a little better. But this morning when I got home from work he could not stand and was running a temp of 106. We rushed him right back to the vet, who said that all his symptoms pointed to something twisted or ruptured in his gut. He needed immediate surgery and had less than 25% chance of survival. We decided not to make him suffer. Less than 24 hours after his first symptoms, we said goodbye to our Mol's Repeat. He was only 10 years old. My husband is taking it very hard.

No more fences, Petey. Run as far and as fast as you want to, forever.

Project051.jpg

WoofWalk028.jpg

DSC08946.jpg

DSC09361.jpg

Outsideday019.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sad and sorry to read this. Take comfort in knowing that your sweet boy is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind. We all share your sorrow.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm very sorry. Hugs to you and your husband.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 He left much too soon.

Godspeed Petey.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)