Goodbye Petey

Guest ImAKoala

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SkipperAnnie

We lost our Petey boy today. He was in to the vet yesterday with some vomiting and lethargy. Vet ran some tests, gave IV fluids and did an abdomen exray. There was nothing glaring and he seemed stable so they had us take him home to await the blood work. Over night he seemed to get a little better. But this morning when I got home from work he could not stand and was running a temp of 106. We rushed him right back to the vet, who said that all his symptoms pointed to something twisted or ruptured in his gut. He needed immediate surgery and had less than 25% chance of survival. We decided not to make him suffer. Less than 24 hours after his first symptoms, we said goodbye to our Mol's Repeat. He was only 10 years old. My husband is taking it very hard.

No more fences, Petey. Run as far and as fast as you want to, forever.

Project051.jpg

WoofWalk028.jpg

DSC08946.jpg

DSC09361.jpg

Outsideday019.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss - my sweet Annie will meet him at the bridge...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Petey was a very handsome boy. Godspeed Petey! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I'm so sorry for your loss of Pete. Godspeed!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest SkipperAnnie

We lost our Petey boy today. He was in to the vet yesterday with some vomiting and lethargy. Vet ran some tests, gave IV fluids and did an abdomen exray. There was nothing glaring and he seemed stable so they had us take him home to await the blood work. Over night he seemed to get a little better. But this morning when I got home from work he could not stand and was running a temp of 106. We rushed him right back to the vet, who said that all his symptoms pointed to something twisted or ruptured in his gut. He needed immediate surgery and had less than 25% chance of survival. We decided not to make him suffer. Less than 24 hours after his first symptoms, we said goodbye to our Mol's Repeat. He was only 10 years old. My husband is taking it very hard.

No more fences, Petey. Run as far and as fast as you want to, forever.

Project051.jpg

WoofWalk028.jpg

DSC08946.jpg

DSC09361.jpg

Outsideday019.jpg

I am so sorry for you - he is absolutely adorable and I love the reindeer ears! He was well loved and had a happy forever home with you.