Run Free "bns Burnout"

Guest andrealynch

Guest andrealynch

It is with a very sad and heavy heart that I write tonight to let all my wonderful Greytalk friends know that my foster Burnie has passed over the Rainbow Bridge. He was 12 1/2 years old, and was diagnosed with Osteo on January 3rd. As a stakes racer, he was brilliant on the track. In his last race, he tragically broke his leg, and had a limp for the rest of his life. However, he didn't let that stop him from enjoying life and he loved to have mini-races around the backyard, or go for walks around the park! During his career as a "professional pet," he was with a family for a few years, and then was returned to our rescue group, for no fault of his own. Burnie spent the last year and a half of his life with me, and we had a wonderful time--he was the "silent type," and hardly ever made any noise, except for when our young foster would aggrivate him smile.gif He was incredibly loyal, and was always at the door to greet me with his favorite or most prized toy. I will miss my "burn-burn" but I have peace in knowing that he isn't suffering anymore, and that he can run free and happy now. Love you my beautiful brindle boy...mommy, daddy, and

Bacardi all miss you so!

Greyhound_Bns_Burn_Out.jpg

BNS Burnout, "Burnie"

August 17, 1997-February 21, 2010

I'm so sorry. It sounds like he lit up your life, and you his.

Godspeed, Burnie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest FreddyGirl

Andrea,

I am so sorry that Burnie has passed. I know how much you cared for and loved him when he needed a good home.

Godspeed sweet baby boy. Your mommy and daddy miss you.

Sending a big hug and my condolences. f_yellow

Nancy

I am so sorry to read of Burnie's passing. He was such a sweet, happy boy. He enjoyed his life with you and knew he was well loved.

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest dwolfe711

We are so sorry for your loss - thank you for giving him a loving home for the last year plus. He sounds like a special boy - he is running free of pain at the Bridge now. :gh_run2

we are very sorry for your loss. thank you for taking him in for the last years of his life. i'm sure he knew how much he was loved.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Burnie.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry for your loss of Burnie.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson