Zoe - Stage 5 Lymphosarcoma :(

Guest 4baddogs

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest houndhome

Tigger has been on chemo since July (almost 7 months) and is still doing well with his lymphoma. He is now 11 years old. It has been very expensive, and we have been very lucky that we have been able to afford it. I just wanted you to know that there is hope, but it isn't easy, and I'm not sure what decisions I would have made had Tigger been older. Whatever decisions you make, it will be the right ones.

Sending prayers for you and your girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thanks everyone. It's so damn overwhelming. My other 3 all died from various forms of cancer, but I had no warning and it was so quick that they weren't even given a chance.

I emailed Dr. Couto because I called and was told he's out of town until February 22. *UGH* I may see the oncologist at our vets office to be ahead of the game, if there's a chance to do anything at all for Zoe. I've ashamedly never paid much attention to the conversations about chemo because I never wanted to be part of that awful group. Now I wish I had because I need to know what we're up against.

Thanks again for everything and I'll be checking back often.

~Paula and Zoe

Contact Dr. Lili Marin in Dr. Couto's group. She is very knowledgeable but can be difficult to understand due to her accent. If you have trouble, just ask for Dr. Urie or a vet tech to "translate".

Here's the complete info on OSU.

OSU Greyhound Health and Wellness Program:

Phone: (614) 247-6757

Email: greyosu@osu.edu

This email goes to the team. If Dr. Couto is traveling, you may get a quicker answer from one of his team members:

Dr. Couto, Department Head, Greyhound Medicine, Oncolology and Hematology

Dr. Lili Marin, Greyhound Oncology

Dr. Sara Zaldivar, Greyhound Medicine

Dr. Cristina Iazbik, Blood Bank Director and Hematologist

Dr. Urie, Resident

Dawn Hudson, Vet Tech

Ashley DeFelice, Vet Tech

Dr. Urie is from the United States. All of the other vets are originally from Spanish speaking countries. If you have trouble understanding them over the phone, you might ask for Dr. Urie or one of the vet techs to "translate".

Dr. Couto's direct email is:

couto.1@osu.edu

His phone number is the same. If he is in town, he typically returns emails in the early hours of the morning.

You should know that (in my humble opinion) they need more staff. Unfortunately finances do not permit it at this time. I think they do about 20 consults a day along with all of their "in canine" patients. There is no charge for phone/email consultations. Depending on their workload there may be a wait for the consultation.

If you decide to visit OSU please contact me. I may be able to put you up in a local home, provide moral support, or just help with logistics:

Finewhipador-drool@yahoo.com

The main number for the veterinary hospital is 614-292-3551

Jane

Guest 4baddogs

Zoe died at 11:30 this morning.

She will always be the best dog and we'll miss her more than I could ever put into words. As much as I've thought I was prepared for this day for the past couple of years it still tore my heart out and I can't believe she's not here with me.

She had a fabulous, long life and I know she loved us as much as we loved her. Still, it hurts like hell.

Edited by 4baddogs

Oh no! I'm so sorry. sad.gif Godspeed Zoe!

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious Zoe.

:grouphug:f_pink

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest Energy11

We are sooo sorry for your loss of your Zoe! Yes, it does "hurt like hell!" ...

God Speed Zoe, to be where she is well and doesn't hurt anymore ... at The Rainbow Bridge, where my Bob (late husband), Bold Energy, Dasher, and Max, met her, I am sure.

Love, hugs and many prayers for you and your family! Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee and Cari. flowers_pink.gifflowers_pink.gifflowers_pink.gifflowers_pink.gifflowers_pink.gifrungrey.gif

Edited by Energy11

I'm so sorry.

Godspeed, sweet girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.