We Are Joining The Cancer Club

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very encouraging news. Hug the little girl for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Ace's flow cytometry came back: chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Back when I sent Dr. Couto her initial bloodwork, that is what he suspected. The tests have confirmed it. He said it's "a relatively benign condition"...today on the phone my vet mentioned chemo or high dose prednisone.

I have already emailed Dr. Couto with her flow cytometry results...I really need to know where we go from here. If we need to do chemo I hope it's not that expensive :unsure

Has anyone else dealt with this specific cancer?

I think I will worry more about what to expect from treatment once we actually decide where we go now...but, is there anything I should be doing? Any special diet to help her? She eats TOTW Pacific Stream right now.

She is in good spirits and has gone back to eating regularly, though over the last couple of days I've noticed her being more lazy than usual again (she was super lazy when I first took her in to the vet).

I'm trying not to worry, but it's very hard. She's my first and she's just got to get better. Friday is Ace and Fritz's 9th birthday.

Hope Ace can get her a treatment that will let her have her 10,11,12 &so on birthdays.

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina