Has Anyone Taken Dr. Couto's Advice

Guest eaglflyt

I'm praying for a big improvement. I've seen it so many times in humans and in our farm animals, too. Huge hugs for you and pretty Pearl!

Is she on any meds to help with any stomach issues? I'd inquire with Dr. Cuoto and see what he recommends or if he has other ideas.

I'm praying for both you and Pearl. :hope:grouphug

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's over.

The short intense fight with cancer is lost.

Pearl was sent to the Bridge this afternoon at home on her bed. The vet that came took one look at her and said there was no 'turning the corner' that Dr. Couto was hoping might happen soon.

She went peacefully in my arms. With me bawling.

I had a dear friend with me this time around (I was alone and drove an hour back home when I lost Brindle and Topaz) which was a comfort.

When I can see again (I've been pretty much crying non-stop for days now), I'll post something in remembrance.

My baby is gone. No more hugs, no more cuddling.

:weep:crying:weep:crying:weep:crying:weep:crying

I'm so sorry your gallant little girl couldn't win this time.

Sending warmest hugs to yourself.

Godspeed, Pearl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

My heart is broken for you Mary Pat. Nobody fought harder than Pearl and nobody fought harder for Pearl that you. Sending you thoughts of peace today and keeping you close in my heart. Run free sweet Pearl and keep watch over your mom.

Guest mcsheltie

I am so so sorry. I am so glad you had someone with you and you were at home. It is such a blessing to be able to send them on without them feeling anxious or fearful. I wish there was something I could do to help you through this tho. I hope knowing all of us are thinking about you and praying for you will be a little comfort.

Mason was there to greet sweet Pearl. And they are having a grand old time right now with all the other angels.

I am so very very sorry. I was so hoping that Pearl would make it around the corner that Piper couldn't navigate. You and Pearl tried so very hard.

Godspeed Pearl.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest greytbookert

oh Mary Pat, I'm so sorry! Another one taken much too early. I wish I had the magic words to make the hurt stop but nothing seems adequate. Please know that we are all here for you.

I am so sorry. You both tried so hard.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest Energy11

brokenheart.gifrungrey.gif Mary Pat, We are sooo sorry, but you TRIED! At least, Pearl was at home with you, when she, "crossed The Bridge." When it is "time" for mine to leave me, I hope to do the same! Sending love, hugs, and ... God Speed your Pearl to The Bridge!

Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee, and Cari. Robert H. (Bob) DeYonker, Bold Energy, Dasher, and Max, ... meeting Pearl at The Bridge!

flowers_pink.gifflowers_pink.gifflowers_pink.gifflowers_pink.gifflowers_pink.gif

I'm so sorry. My heart breaks with yours. flowers_red.gif

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm so sorry, Mary Pat. Wishing godspeed to the lovely Pearl...

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

I'm sorry that you had to say goodbye to your beautiful Miss Pearl.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest Ruby2sday

I'm so very sorry, Mary Pat. I know how difficult it was to release Pearl after such a hard fight. See her now playing BBall and counter-surfing with Echo. You are -- and have been -- in my thoughts and prayers.

God speed, beautiful Pearl!

:f_pink:f_pink

Yvonne

I'm so very sorry. You and Pearl fought the terrible beast so very hard. Your beautiful girl is with the angels.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

Guest ThreeGreys

When my girl was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma we consulted Dr. Couto and his thoughts but since he is 8 hours from us we opted for Cornell University Hospital for Animals. We did radiation for 10 sessions followed by 5 sessions of carboplatin and piroxicam we had no side effects at all from the chemo but instead of every 3 weeks we sometimes had to do 4 weeks to allow her neutrophil count to bounce back and during this whole process she only had to go on antibiotics once. We finished chemo in Nov. and she was doing real well but in Jan. she was letting me know it was time to let her go. I dont regret all that I did, she was a fighter. Get all the options and weigh it all out before you make the final decision.

My thoughts are with you.