Celebrating Lily

Guest shanabreiter

Guest shanabreiter

I had to put my beautiful brindle girl Lily (7 years) to sleep almost two weeks ago. I'm finally accepting this loss and it was a greyt one. I've decided to celebrate her life and the time we had together. We had her for 4 1/2 years and she was not only beautiful, but such a warm dog. She did not give lots of kisses but when she did, you knew they were meant to be special. She was a real hugger. I lost her and my brindle Sara to cancer. I still have brindle Daphney (8 years) and Savvy (5 years). As a tribute to Lily, I will be rescuing another grey this weekend. I strongly believe, even through the pain of the loss, that when one door closes another one opens. AND, I would rather have one day with these most wonderful hounds, than none at all.

I celebrate every day that I am blessed enough to have been a part of rescuing greyhounds. I believe, at times, they have really rescued me.

I will post pictures as soon as I can figure this all out.

Shana, owned by

Daphney & Savvy

I think that's a wonderful way to celebrate Lily :grouphug:f_white

Edited by grey14me

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

God Speed Beautiful, sweet Lily. I am so happy I got the chance to meet you.

Shana- email me any pictures you want posted and I will get them up for you. Do you have photobucket?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest shanabreiter

Thank you all so much.

Robin: I will take you up on that offer. I used photobucket last time, I'll try to start piecing it together again.

Robin, on a side note, you are always there for everyone. Thank you!

I am so very sorry for your loss.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Another hound who was loved, cherished and adored. Another hound who will be loved, cherished and adored. I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Lily.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I'm so sorry about your sweet Lily. I look forward to seeing pictures of her. I hope you find the perfect one this weekend and can't wait to see pictures of her/him!!!

Edited by fourofem

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 She had to leave much too soon.

Godspeed Lily.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest lynne893

that's a beautiful way to cope with your grief. thank you for reminding us all that we will find the courage and strength to go on in spite of the hurt!

lily was obviously a loved, lucky girl!

:f_pink:f_pink

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16