Prayers For My Curfew

Guest Energy11

Dee- I have not been checking out H&M for the past few days. I am sorry I missed this. You are always there for everyone.

Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers for your sweet curfew.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seeing this.......................hoping that much healing is taking place in the mountains of GA. Hounds, people and mechanical things. Hugs to you, Dee. :grouphug You're always there for everyone else, chiming in the experienced advice and warm words of encouragement. We're all praying for Curfew and hoping that this is an isolated incident. :hope:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

How's your sweet boy doing this morning?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Energy11

Good morning all! I don't know how to post updates, so here it is.

First of all, I am overwhelmed at all your love and caring, TRULY! It is sooo good to know you are all out there for us.

I slept like a ROCK last night. The night before, I was up all night, worrying about Curfew. He slept well. He woke up once, and was panting, but it was because he had to go out to pee. He seems fine, just like nothing happened. He took a short walk around the property with the others yesterday, too.

My vet (not greyhound savvy :-(, but learning, thinks it is seizures. ME? mini-strokes. As all of us know, Greyhounds are prone to these. He is getting his Enalapril for his hypertension, 1/2 81 mg aspirin daily, and I do have the liquid valium pre-loaded just in case. I just hope this was an isolated incident, and he will go a loooooong time without another.

Curfew and I send you tons of love and many hugs! Dee

Dee,

could Curfew be eating mushrooms or something in your yard that is toxic? When have previous episodes occurred? If they've all been in colder months, maybe there's something seasonal????

Kisses to all your babies,

DD

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

I'm glad you both had a good night. :goodluck that it continues for many many many nights to come.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Energy11

Dee,

could Curfew be eating mushrooms or something in your yard that is toxic? When have previous episodes occurred? If they've all been in colder months, maybe there's something seasonal????

Kisses to all your babies,

DD

Good call on it possibly being something he could be eating. But, we always go out with them, and I comb the yard for nasty stuff, so I doubt it is something he he getting into, etc.

During the first event, HUGE, (Sept) 2008, ... he was unconsious, tongue lolling, etc. on my 18 mile drive like an ambulance driver, on twisty mountain roads, to the vet. He was "out" when he got there, etc. I THOUGHT at first, it might have been a spider bite, or snake... vet there ruled that out, and he stayed the night on steroids, ... was wobbly the next few days. He was diagnosed with a stroke. (*I cannot afford an MRI) :-( Even now, with pet insurance, it is "pre-existing!"

Then, in Feb. of 2008, he had another "episode," but small, not like the first, then, two days ago. He does have high blood pressure, which is controlled with Enalapril, and I do his BPs a few times a week/more now, so who knows!

Thanks for caring about Curfew and for throwing ideas out there too!

Hugs! Dee

No help here but wishing good things for Curfew and you.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Hoping you and Curfew have uneventful days and restful nights.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest RICHandJUDE

Curfew is better, thanks, but DH left in a huff, about 1.5 hours ago. ... all over me pointing out a grinding noise in the car we JUST paid off, WITH an extended warrenty! Sooo, I am here ALONE on the mountain with five dogs, one sick! I PRAY TO GOD, Curfew doesn't get really sick, as I cannot get him into the van alone! I can do a lot medically, but THAT, I cannot do!

This sucks!!!!!!!

Guest Energy11

Curfew is better, thanks, but DH left in a huff, about 1.5 hours ago. ... all over me pointing out a grinding noise in the car we JUST paid off, WITH an extended warrenty! Sooo, I am here ALONE on the mountain with five dogs, one sick! I PRAY TO GOD, Curfew doesn't get really sick, as I cannot get him into the van alone! I can do a lot medically, but THAT, I cannot do!

This sucks!!!!!!!

Well, I told DH to ... "get over whatever is bothering him ..." as Curfew and the others cannot take the stress! He has till the end of this month, to figure out what his problem is.

Guest RICHandJUDE

Why would your EXTERNDED WARRANTY necessarily end when you paid the car off? Usually an extended warranty lasts for so many predetermined miles and months.

I bought a van in 2007, along with an extended warranty. In 2008, I PAID THE VAN OFF but I still have the extended warranty until Oct 2014 or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. Unless you purchased a short term extended warranty you might still have coverage. Check! I hope you find GOOD NEWS with the warranty and with Curfew.

Good Luck! Richard

Guest Energy11

Why would your EXTERNDED WARRANTY necessarily end when you paid the car off? Usually an extended warranty lasts for so many predetermined miles and months.

I bought a van in 2007, along with an extended warranty. In 2008, I PAID THE VAN OFF but I still have the extended warranty until Oct 2014 or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. Unless you purchased a short term extended warranty you might still have coverage. Check! I hope you find GOOD NEWS with the warranty and with Curfew.

Good Luck! Richard

Hey Richard! It is all good, (the extended warrenty). The car is paid off :-)and, the extended warrenty is fine, and in tact until 75K miles. I think the brake pads are just worn. DH, jacked up the car yesterday, and you can see the wear. The issue was, ... that, inspite of the "grinding noise," ... he ignored it. The car is paid off, so, because of this, we have to take EVEN better care of it. In addition, we live in the mountains, so, well, even with a stick shift, the brakes have to be in good shape.

The car will be seen on Monday, and more than likely, get the brake pads replaced. Not too bad, really. I thank you for your concern, and hope I have cleared up any misunderstanding.

Car being paid off, and a good warrenty in place ... things NEED to be dealt with! I was a Charge Paramedic for years, ... which, some say, is equilivant to a Drill Sgt! :-)

Checking in on our special boy Dee, hoping to hear you both had a good night.

As for DH, well, you already know my thoughts on that situation. :rolleyes:

Call if you need anything at all!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Energy11

My lovely, handsome, son, Curfew, had a good night. ME? up and down a bit. Thank GOD for DVRed shows from our Dish Network! Curfew seems a bit more sluggish, since his "episode." More sleepy. I looked at All of his medical records yesterday, and he had two "episodes," ten says apart, last March, and nothing else (that I know of) till last Thursday. Sooo, maybe I am looking at more and more of these? I am 99% sure they are mini-strokes, myself. I have FOUR vet's opinions on this, and they all concur. I am hoping, keeping a CALM household will help!

And, yes, DH has been "warned!" Shape up, or ship out! Feb. 1 is "his deadline!"

Guest Energy11

Dee, Isn't it funny how they can have a good night but we don't get any sleep when they're sick.

Sending lots more prayers for you & your sweet boy.

"Ain't" it the truth! Love your new Siggie, by the way!

oh my Dee I'm sorry I have not been on GT looking in depth at anything really. I wish I could give you some advice but you certainly know more than I do. I hope Curfew continues to get better hope.gif

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Guest Energy11

oh my Dee I'm sorry I have not been on GT looking in depth at anything really. I wish I could give you some advice but you certainly know more than I do. I hope Curfew continues to get better hope.gif

Thanks, Audrey! Let's hope you and Bob will get to meet my son, Curfew, in April, when we go up to visit my Dad. I will NEVER forget how you helped my Dad, EVER! Love and hugs! Dee