Rip Maris & Yogi 12/27/2009

Guest goofydog

My biggest fear when I am out alone with my three greys. This makes me sick to my stomach.

Please extend our most sincere sympathy for the loss of these two innocent greys.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two SEGA hounds that were having their afternoon (leashed) walk yesterday were attacked and killed by two pit bulls that were let out of a house unleashed by the pet sitter. Their owner is obviously devastated by their deaths and is staying with friends until she can come to grips with what happened.

She has a police report, AC was contacted and it appears they have had other reports of these dogs being loose.

Please say a prayer for Maris, Yogi and their mom.

OMG...........that makes me sick. Prayers for Maris and Yogi and their mom!angelwings.gif Maris and Yogi you have your angel wings when too soon! We are so sorry!

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Guest scfilby

That is just horrific and traumatic, and I can not imagine. Nothing will ever erase the memory of this poor woman seeing her pets killed is such a violent way. She is going to be emotionally harmed for many years to come, possibly forever.

The young adults who live in the house next door have two pitbull puppies. They keep these puppies on the back deck with a baby gate across the stairs. It is only a matter of time before these unsocialized dogs jump the gate and attack our hounds. They stand there and bark and growl at us already and they are only a few months old.

Pitts are banned in our city. I have been struggling with what to do, but after seeing this, I must report them to the city. I can not take the chance of our pups meeting the same fate.

Unfortunately, bad owners make bad dogs.. I hate it..

Two SEGA hounds that were having their afternoon (leashed) walk yesterday were attacked and killed by two pit bulls that were let out of a house unleashed by the pet sitter. ...

There's a pet sitter who needs to lose his (or her) business.

I'm so sorry about the needless deaths of Maris and Yogi and all the pain their mom is suffering.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest goofydog

An update for those who want more details: The aggressive dogs were being cared

for by a sitter who let them out onto a busy residential street in downtown

Atlanta while she took out the trash. She had been instructed by the owner not

to allow them off lead nor to take both of them out at the same time, as they

might stir one another to aggression. Obviously, she did not pay attention to

this, and my dogs had to pay the price for her carelessness. The owner has taken

responsibility and is having the sitter pay the costs for both my dog's medical

expenses and to have my back car seats replaced, as no dealership or car

detailer would clean them. He is also paying for adoption fees for two new

greyhounds, so that when I choose to adopt again, the funds will be there. He

has agreed to put his dogs down, but I just want to let everyone who lives in

Fulton county know that there is no legal standing to force an owner to do this.

Even if a dog has attacked a human being, in Fulton county, the dog is

quarantined for 10 days and euthanasia is not guaranteed. I am still in a daze

over all of this. The dramatics from the dog sitter have compounded what has

already been a horrible incident: she called me directly today and begged me not

to kill this dog owner's "babies" because of her mistake. I was floored and told

her that if she wanted to think of this decision as killing, then it was she who

was responsible for killing four dogs. I could not believe her self absorption

and immediate desire to be relieved of her guilty feelings. I consider the owner

fully responsible, as it was he who chose to have this woman take care of his

dogs. He seems to be a reasonable person, but I just want all of this to be

over. So, please keep your prayers going as I plan to meet the owner and sitter

at a bank to receive payment. I will let everyone know if this part of the

ordeal has resolved successfully tomorrow. If not, I will have to get legal

representation, which I dread having to do.

Of course, none of this makes up for what I have lost most, which is my sweet,

sweet greys. All of you know how precious they are, and I thank you for your

offers of help and prayers and support during this time.

OMG...I can't even imagine....

God speed sweet hounds....

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.

My deepest condolences for such a senseless loss.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

RIP Maris & Yogi f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Words cannot express how very sorry I am to hear this.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest LunaTygerCat

I am so sorry for this, I have worked with pitbulls in the past and although several of them are very sweet, the breed is very prone to agressive qualities. I am a believer that there are no bad dogs, just bad and careless ownwers. I think that both the sitter and the owner should be held accountable, and I know that nothing help a grieving heart except time. You are in my prayers and you have a great support team here.